This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH JJ. Worried even with OP.

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $9.85
      CO:
      $5.40
      BU:
      $29.90
      SB:
      $11.65
      BB:
      $5.60
      MP2(Hero):
      $13.10

MP2: 17/8 119
      I haven't seen this raise before. well I don't remember it anyway. I decided to just flat his 3-bet cause he is a bit of a nit.
      I guess I should of bet flop. Maybe it was a mis-click. cnt remember. What about keeping the pot small? Could be a WA/WB situation.
      This villain hasn't c-bet yet which proves his passive style post-flop. Is c/c the best line? Also he hasn't 3-bet yet either.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 raises to $0.90, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.95) 5, 7, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

Turn: ($4.75) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30.

River: ($9.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $9.35.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of jacks(Js Jd).
      MP3 shows a pair of queens(Qs Qh).

MP3 wins with a pair of queens(Qs Qh).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think he's calling a donkbet with much that we beat, and since we're folding to a raise, we'd basically be bluffing with it, so i'd rather take my chances with a check/call even tho i doubt he's c-betting a ton of hands we beat.

On the turn i don't think he's betting against anything less of JJ+/AsKs/AdKd, and he might not even bet AsKs on the flop to begin with. With the odds he gives us it's kinda close we only have a few hands on him after all, i'd either make a crying turn call or pitch it anyway, as i don't like calling down min3bet/bet/bet/bet lines with marginal overpairs when i suspect i'm no good right from the begining min3bet.

Hope it helps.