[NL2-NL10] SH NL100 part 7

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $164.67
      BU:
      $144.47
      Hero:
      $98.50

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $4.00, MP3 calls $4.00, CO folds, BU calls $4.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($13.50) 7:diamond: , J:diamond: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $12, MP3 calls $12.00, BU raises to $32.00, Hero raises to $94.50 (All-In), MP3 folds, BU calls $62.50.

Turn: ($214.50) 2:club:
      River: ($214.50) 7:spade:

Final Pot: $214.50

Drawy board , 2 opponents , 1 call and a raise :D . Now what?

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $142.71
      BB:
      $99

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , K:heart: . CO posts a blind of $1.00.
      Hero raises to $5.00, 4 folds, BB calls $4.00.

Flop: ($11.50) 2:spade: , 2:diamond: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $3, Hero raises to $16.00, BB calls $13.00.

Turn: ($43.50) Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $5, Hero raises to $45.00, BB raises to $78.00 (All-In), Hero calls $33.00.

River: ($199.50) 5:diamond:

Final Pot: $199.50

Unknown opponent limp/calls me and board is paired. Did i play this too aggresive?

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $100
      SB:
      $78.72

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:diamond:
      4 folds, SB raises to $5.00, Hero raises to $15.00, SB calls $10.00.

Flop: ($30.00) K:diamond: , J:diamond: , J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $5, Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($40.00) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $60.00

This is the insanely annoying fish who steals from me every single time. Should i make a move on the flop after his weak bet? I see this pattern a lot by loose players where they make a small testing bet on the flop and if they dont get raised , they proceed to bet big on the turn.

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $170.27
      BU:
      $148.02

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9:heart: , T:heart:
      Hero calls $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00, BU raises to $7.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $6.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($17.50) 7:heart: , J:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $10, Hero calls $10.00.

Turn: ($37.50) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $25, BU folds.

Final Pot: $62.50

Yea yea i know it might be fishy to call the raise OOP but we were both deep + i suspected that the also deep and loose guy behind me would also call (which he didnt). What do you think about donking the turn in that spot?
      I dont think i would have done that play if i didnt have some outs anyway.
  • 2 replies
    • D0p3Ad1c7
      D0p3Ad1c7
      Bronze
      1: Looks like you could be up against a set or 8 :diamond: 9 :diamond: Or maybe even a flopped straight... Either way I look at it... Not in good shape... But... Pushing there seems to be the right play...

2:Not to aggressive... You can expect Villan to show Q10 or AQ... Doubtful Diamonds... But thats also a possibility... NHNH

3:Call on flop is alright... Then fold to any kind of a turn bet unimproved pretty much... You cant beat anything... And even if he has nothing... If he fires a third barrell on the river you still cant call... Just wait for a better spot :)

4:Check // Raise flop, or Check // Raise allin on turn to any NON A K Q.. On flop, the only thing your WORSE than 50/50 with is a set... C/C Then lead turn looks good too, But if an A K comes on turn, do you still lead? You put yourself in a bad spot on the turn unless board pairs // you improve... Thats why I prefer leading the flop, or check // Raise flop
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi undercover82!

Hand 1) after a call and a raise you have an easy fold imo. Remember: you just have a pair. Your opponents can easily hold two pair, straight, flushdraw, straightdraw, monsterdraw - especially if you get one call and a raise. And even if you have the better hand on the flop, they might catch their draws on the turn or river.

Hand 2) nice hand. If he has a set it's bad luck. But he can also have a flushdraw or pocket pair which is worse than your kings.

Hand 3) I think you played it well. Of course you have to call his small bet on the flop and fold to his half pot size bet on the turn. If you have this read that he donks a small bet on the flop to steal the pot with a big bet on the turn you should sometimes make a move. But not too often. Maybe it's better to wait for your good hand and then exploit his style of play: Just call with your good hand on the flop and raise him on the turn when he tries to make his move again.

Hand 4) preflop...ehm....I call it loose :D I would check/raise on the flop. You would like to take down the pot right now or play a big pot if you hit. In addition this play can bring you a freecard on the turn, because if you check again on the turn, your opponent will often check behind because he fears another check/raise and you see a free river card.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81