my little success...

• arsgov
      arsgov
      Bronze
      yesterday i got 2.14$ rakeback.
      i played some small cash games and sit-n'-go tourneys, and i eared a few more dollars.
      today i finished 7nd in a 90 players K.O ( 3.30$ buy-in), and got 13.5$.
      after that i won a 9 players sit-n'-go (11$ buy-in), and got 49.5$.

i know that its basically gambling and not even close to bankroll management. but i also know that its almost imposible to earn money with only a few dollars in my bankroll.

i must say i never made a deposit, and i never got lucky enaugh to withdraw money...
      i started with the pokerstategy's bonus and when i lost them i played freerolls and sometimes a friend sent me a few dollars and i tried to grown but never made it well enaugh..

well now i have 52.92$ !
      i really really really want to earn more and not lose it like all the other times...
      what should i do? should i stick to a good bankroll management? or try my luck on a 1-table sit-n'-go of about 30$ buy-in?

plzzzzz help me i don't wanna lose that money..
  • 19 replies
    • kb021292
      kb021292
      Bronze
      the answer is simple...... u have 50 dolalrs in ur bankroll if u try 30 dolalr sngs it would be a suicidal play and ull lose ur bankroll... the only way ull manage to keep and increase taht money is using good bankroll managment. if u want to play sngs u should play 1 dollar ones or 2 at max but if u play 2 dollar sngs and ur bankroll drops 2 40 switch to 1 dollar ones.
    • arsgov
      arsgov
      Bronze
      just to let you know...

i had about 50$ as i already told you, and i played heads-up nl50 with only 10$, and i earned almost 80$ on that dude!

so now i have about 130$, ( to remind you, i had only 2.14$ at this very morning!).

i'm so happy!!!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      a week at most
    • ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      5 days
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      If u haf 130 its well enough to play 100+10 sng n win 450.. n then u ll b super rich n can play high stakes along with Ivey and durrrr

Gl and HF
    • sliverika
      sliverika
      Bronze
      read bankroll management articles or you'll have 0 in a week
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      1 day
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Haha that reminds me on my frined. He played some omaha and from 1 dolar he has produced 86 in an hour.

So then he called me and he was so happy. OMAHA is easy to play he said. I won everytime people dont know how to play it.

I said to heme stay calm. Now you have some bankrol and start playing according to BRM.

He said: Eehhhh you will see....

Next day i asked him how it is going and he said. Fucking river he got better flush.....and this was the end of his poker happiness:) )
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hmm yes, a week is probably a bit optimistic. but I said AT MOST so I think my prediction can still be right :)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      a week is far to optimistic. First they start to act very confident and they want to play all day long. In most cases they are lost somewhere on the way to the afternoon a day after their success.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hmm yes that's about it, although they just might last a few more days. speaking from your own experience? I actually don't remember when I managed to begin using BRM (even though at a times a bit too agressive one), but when you do, you can't go broke, even with only $50
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      yeah this is my own experience from times i didnt know for the BRM. I got 100$ and i was sure that this is ok for NL20:) ) it was nooooot:) ))
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      It was almost for SSS :)

I remember I used to use a 1.5 BI BRM for SNGs, that was awesome :)
    • kb021292
      kb021292
      Bronze
      arsgov u asked for soem advice and i gave it to you. Now if you wnat to follow it or not it is up to you. Just remember bad beats happen in poker and if you play at the stakes you are saying your bankroll cnat even afford 1 bad beat.

Im speaking from experience. I had won 5 dolalr from bwin freeroll couple years ago. played 10c bb and managed to go up to 70 dollars then i decided to play 20c bb and went up to 130 dollars. well i couple weeks passed and i was down to 0.

Whatever you choose to do i wish you good luck.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      OP hasn't posted again - I bet they are busto.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      if you're not already bust, thank your luck and get back to $2 sit n goes.

You know why you dont earn much at the start?

Because you need to learn the game...at higher buyins you're just the easy fish...you may get lucky a couple of times, but you'll be broke soon enough.

Bankroll management accounts for poor luck as well....even the most skillfull players wont play above their roll when building it.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      less than 24h, I guess
    • arsgov
      arsgov
      Bronze
      HI, I'm the poster of this thread..
      i read all your comments and i know what i should do!
      and no - i didn't go broke, i just came back from the army today, so i didn't even play.

i gonna play 2$ sit n goes.
      and in cash - the lowest limits.

i am now sticking like a glue to the best bankroll management!
      i'll let you know where i'm standing in the next few days.

:)
    • kb021292
      kb021292
      Bronze
      gd to know your following bankroll management. Remember always have atleast 30 buy ins. Good luck.