Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $1.50, raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $8, calls $5.50

FLOP ($16) 5:club: 2:diamond: 4:spade:

checks, Hero bets $8, calls $8

TURN ($32) 5:club: 2:diamond: 4:spade: 6:diamond:

checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($32) 5:club: 2:diamond: 4:spade: 6:diamond: T:spade:

bets $69.79 (AI), Hero ????

I made the 1/2 cbet to get a raise from him, I always cbeted 1/2 about 80% of the times to disguise my hand, if I did not get anything I will not lose a lot and if i hit big then if he raises i will win a lot

but now the river action, he raised me preflop, now yes, he could had 33 but really would he raise me pf with 33? also there is a missed flushdraw so the river push can also be a bluff
  • 6 replies
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      I'm sure this will be moved to the hand evaluation section but thats ok. Anyway, I bet the turn. I don't think there is anyrhing to suggest a busted flush draw and if villian has a 3 I don't think he's shoving here. I call the river but I don't know if I like it or not.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      bet bigger on the flop.

bet the turn and then the call on the river is much easier
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Some info on villain is always helpful. ;)

But IMO:

Since he min3bet you preflop he's very likely to be a fish, soooooo vs fish you will never bluff 4bet which means that you don't need to make your 4bet so small esp with these stack sizes. Make it ~12$ or so.

Flop, again your stack to pot ratio is pretty big and id just bet big as well like in a single raise pot, no need to balance here etc.

As played i fold river without some good read or "feel", when he overbets you need to be good veeeery often and your hand is a bluffcacher.
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Some info on villain is always helpful. ;)

But IMO:

Since he min3bet you preflop he's very likely to be a fish, soooooo vs fish you will never bluff 4bet which means that you don't need to make your 4bet so small esp with these stack sizes. Make it ~12$ or so.

Flop, again your stack to pot ratio is pretty big and id just bet big as well like in a single raise pot, no need to balance here etc.

As played i fold river without some good read or "feel", when he overbets you need to be good veeeery often and your hand is a bluffcacher.
      About info. Nothing personal about him, avarage minraise fish. He got tilted by my BU raises and started to minraise me most of the times.

since I did not want to belive that he had a 3, I called him down and yes, he had the f*cking 3 :f_eek: :f_eek:
      but I got the money back in no time.

ty
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      i would bet turn and give up if he raises. also 4bet more
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      4bet more, like $10-12

If it is a fish I would just pot the flop, a 6,A, 3 or K will destroy the action/equity.

Get it in asap. If if is a fish he will call you down with any pair