How do you review your play?

• Kokaroc
      Hello guys!
      I've been running not so well, but according to EV line.
      I told myself that I was only unlucky but that would be lie :)
      My game has leaks and as I tried to hunt them down I meet a problem.
      I don't know how to hunt them down!
      I play on Cake poker, but I use HEM to import my hands and review them but I can't interpret them very well.
      I tried to see my winning hands and losing hands, but I couldn't make HEM show it to me.
      When I used elephant it was easy to see but I don't know how HEM does it.
      Could someone help me?
      It was like this: First winning hand: AA won 100 lost 30 EV dif +5
      Second winning hand AK won 90 lost 35 EV dif +5

In last 25k hands I couldn't make any significant profit - maybe 0,3BB/100
      That consists of limits NL10, NL20 and NL50.
      Could you experienced guys give me some advice how HEM can help me with this?
      Now my goal is to get gold(only few points missing) and reread gold articles, watch gold videos and attend Xarrys and Gervs coaching before I will grind again.
      Thanks for advice
  • 5 replies
    • SuvorovNL
      I find it helps best if you let a better poker player look at your game. I started playing semi-seriously a few weeks back again and I just collect hands I would like an opinion on and send them to a friend of mine who plays NL200. He then reviews them for me. :s_biggrin: You mjght find somebody like that here on PS as well, maybe.
    • slowshow
      First of all EV calculations can be wrong because of Your playing habits. For example i sometimes while multitabling make typos and instead of going all-in i rise and leave like 5 cents left. Its a minor mistake, but HEM doesnt understand it as all-in. And pushing in is only one aspect of game, there alot more.

I review my play by HEM hand replayer and rereading PS articles. HEM has its own article section and pluging leaks articles, they analyze Your BSS play.

My biggest winrate improvement was understanding the right days of week and times to play. Drunk people boost Your roll. :f_thumbsup:
    • randomdonk
    • Kokaroc
      Thank you for your kind reply randomdonk but this isn't what I had on my mind :)
      I use that part of forum and know how it works but it won't help me with this.

slowshow:I know EV calculations aren't accurate, sometimes good play is -EV and bad play +EV.
      I don't use it as main thing :)

EV line won't tell you, if you're playing too passive/aggressive , tight/loose, adjusting/not adjusting etc

Now I would like to see this if possible, I think it would help me:
      Chart of my hands arranged from winning to losing
      edit:I found something similar to what I was looking for in Cash games/reports/hand groupings

I can't use HEM very well yer :)

thank you for reply
    • delete461
      When looking at either "sessions" or "reports" pages, click on the $ tab on the bottom half of the page - it will arrange all the listed hands in order of money won or lost.

When you get HEM it is a good idea to spend 3 - 4 hours just playing with it and learning how to use all the features. Download the manual and take your time looking through it, play with it as you read the manual and make sure you know how everything works. There is probably a whole lot more things it can do for you that you dont even realise.