6-max strategies and end game strategies

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey!

I've been looking around the articles, and I can't seem to be able to find any that include any information about the 6-max SNGs. So if there are any, please link them to me, otherwise could you please answer some of my questions?

1. What's with the SHC, should I use the one for FR excluding EP or should I play looser (does anyone have one suitable for 6-max?)

2. Should I steal blinds looser than in FR or at the same frequency? The basic chart is well... very tight, and I haven't got to calculating preflop equity quite yet.

3. How should I play when blinds get bigger and I'm in a 3-way game? (again I think that the charts for blind steals are too tight).

4. same as #3, but the oponnents have between 30 and 40 VPIP and 2-3 AF (i'm not sure if that's LAG but they're not great for blind stealing, also usually very showdown bound so I just end up firing blank bullets when i miss flop and then get outbluffed).

5. How do I play HU when we both have a lot of bb left? I can't really apply SAGE there and if I play according to charts... well I just keep losing blinds and villain is usually smart enough to figure out that when I raise I have a good hand so he snap folds. I'm trying to play kind of LAGgy instead if the villain tempts to fold a lot to my preflop bets/c-bets (a lot of loose players with 2-3 AF and loose tight players tighten up alot in HU for some reason) but I'm not wuite sure if that's the right play, could use some guidelines on it.

6. The last thing I can remember right now is how many SNGs should I play at once? I've tried playing 4 at a time (sets) which was easy at the beginning, but when I got to 4-handed or 3-handed play things got complicated and i began playing worse. Also I just can't focus on 2 HU games at a time, which often happenned. So I switched to 2 at a time (sets at first, now I'm playing successive) and I can manage all, but still find time to browse the forums etc. which isn't good. Should I perhaps try 3-4 successive at once and see how it goes? I'm playing normal ones, not turbo by the way.

Thanks for the answers!

Primzi
  • 1 reply
    • skateblind
      skateblind
      Bronze
      Concerning number 6, I would start 1 game, wait until 1 or 2 players have been knocked off the table and then start another game. When the first game is heads-up, the other table should be 3 or 4 handed, which means you can concentrate more on the heads-up.

At the end of the day, if you don't feel comfortable playing X tables, then just reduce until you are comfortable. I play low stakes, so I am just doing it for fun and with the hope that one day I can move up to some higher stakes, so I only play 1 or 2 tables at a time. Only playing 1 or two tables at a time allows me to figure out the other players. I would guess that if you want to get better at poker then you should concentrate on the games you are playing and not surf the net. There is so much information to be gained when the other players show their hands that it is in your best interest to watch the game at all times, even if you are not in that current hand.

As for the other questions, my strategy for 6 handed games is to play tight and aggressive at first, then loosen up later. Once you understand your opponents you can steal some blinds or raise limpers and get them to fold. Watch out for people who trap more than once, make a note. Watch out for people who bluff, make a note. Watch out for people who play very tight all the way through a game and make a note. When a couple of players have been knocked out you can trap the trappers, double bluff the bluffers and push the tight players around. A lot low stakes, most players will not give you an image, so maybe not try start using your previous tightness to bluff opponents unless you are absolutely sure.

I have found that players who play really tight the whole game will still make amateur mistakes, I should know since I am one of them. :f_cry: So don't give them too much credit. :f_grin:

Some players will call all the way to the river with an ace high, I bluffed the flop, I bluffed big on the turn and this one player was still calling. I tilted and went all in with my tiny stack and managed to get this player to fold even though he had called the previously bluffs causing him to use 80% of his stack. I guess he did not know what about being pot commited, thank god. :f_biggrin: That is the sort of thing you need to look out for when you are not in the hand.

END GAME:

I continually change my style during a single heads-up, playing loose and aggressive and then tight and aggressive. What I try to achieve is getting the other player to start raising me a lot or even going all-in. Basically, I want him to tilt and going all-in with a weak ace or king and then just wait until I have a decent pocket pair or something along the lines of AK. For me, it is all about controlling the other player and getting them to do what I want.