Stack
      UTG2:
      $27,76
      MP1:
      $56,90
      Hero:
      $9,25

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:club:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $1,75, MP1 raises to $6,00, Hero raises to $9,25 (All-In), 5 folds, MP1 calls $3,25.

Flop: ($21,00) 9:club: , Q:heart: , T:diamond:
      Turn: ($21,00) 4:heart:
      River: ($21,00) 7:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21,00

Ok, so UTG is obv. super fishy, played like a maniac the last few hands, raising alot preflop, and I don't respect his raise here at all. More concerned by MP1, which seems like a pretty solid TAG regular, possibly trying to isolate the fish here. That was my main reason for pushing, eventhough he could easily have QQ+ here. I usually fold 9 out of 10 times in this spot, but the fish made it somewhat difficult. Any thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey!

I'm no NL player so don't count my opinion as useful, but I'll still give it a try (to fail miserably).

IMO this is a pretty solid 3-bet from MP1 since a lot of players need to act behind him and can hardly be an ISO raise (well it depends on how loose/tight the rest of players are), which means I'd fold JJ here and go with the standard range).
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey knb22,

on NL200+ this would be an easy shove, but up to NL100 players tend to be more passive and adjust their game to opponents less often. Also MP1's stats confirm this as he has only 6PFR meaning his 3-bet is probably even lower. So, for this reason I prefer to just lay down JJ here.

Hey!

I'm no NL player so don't count my opinion as useful, but I'll still give it a try (to fail miserably).

IMO this is a pretty solid 3-bet from MP1 since a lot of players need to act behind him and can hardly be an ISO raise (well it depends on how loose/tight the rest of players are), which means I'd fold JJ here and go with the standard range).

Hey Primzi, welcome on NL board. :)

Regards,
      burek2000