0.5/1 FLSH situations

• CristianWMM
      CristianWMM
      Bronze
      Hello everybody,
      I was reviewing some of my session hands and thought you might help me with your opinions.

1)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $19.10
      CO:
      $63.68
      Hero:
      $30.80

0.5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:diamond: , 9:heart:
      MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q:club: , 2:heart: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets, CO folds, Hero raises, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.25 BB) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

How to deal the donk bet on the flop? Can I make a desicion based on my opponent stats here?
      what range of low pairs would be correct to just call after 1 limper instead of raising?

2)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $32.05
      BB:
      $17.15
      MP2:
      $25.60
      BU:
      $61.33

0.5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , J:spade:
      MP2 calls, 2 folds, BU calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 6:club: , 3:heart: , 8:club: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, BU checks.

Turn: (2.00 BB) 8:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, 3 folds.

Final Pot: 3.00 BB

Should I raise preflop with these hand, although knowing my opponents will call and I am oop?

3)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $22.15
      CO:
      $67.83
      Hero:
      $31.45

0.5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 8:spade:
      2 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A:club: , T:spade: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets, 2 folds.

Final Pot: 3.75 BB

Is the Preflop raise correct? what Ax range is good to raise with after a limp?

4)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $13.30
      MP3:
      $52.53
      Hero:
      $41.95

0.5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , 9:heart:
      MP3 calls, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3:spade: , 6:heart: , 8:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 5:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Same situation as last hand preflop... is it correct? Another donk bet here, what math can i apply to know if its good to call flop/turn in my play?

thanks in advance!
  • 9 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      hey!

1) i usually call the flop donk bet then reevaluate turn depending on how strong my hand is and villain's action and the card, there are many situations... but most important is call flop not raise it because i don't see a reason for raising it (unless you're familiar with raising for a free card). so if your oponent bets turn again, you raise him with a good made hand that you think is the best hand, you call with a draw (according to odds and outs of course) and sometimes a 2nd pair (if villain is a maniac that likes to donk any pair on the flop for example), you fold trash and weak draws and bottom pairs. If he checks turn it depends on the card, your hand, etc... some cards might scare the oponnent (flop Q67, turn A) so he won't bet but will usually call down his 2nd pair so betting turn unless you have a good hand is a bad idea, if no scare card comes then you can bet turn because it's possible he bluffed flop (especially on monotone flops or all high card flops)... if he doesn't fold turn and you don't have a good hand you can alwayy just check river.

In your case, the BB has 2 AF which isn't a lot, which means he probably is holding something decent, probably a weak Qx (since he didn't raise preflop, he has 50 PFR), maybe a two pair. so call flop and if he bets turn again just fold 3rd pair, if he checks just check down to showdown. I might be wrong but I think that you can only raise or fold vs one limper as you don't get the correct odds to just call. You should look up the preflop charts/articles for that. The only exception I'd make there is if the table is VERY loose, then you can call some hands as if there were 2 limpers before you because you expect someone to limp after you and you can give yourself better odds, but that's advanced and happens really rarely.

2) acting according to SHC after 2 limpers is your best option here :)

3) again you should act according to the 6-max SHC. But in this case I believe that raising is no good as the BB is way too loose with 74 VPIP and you won't really be able to isolate the limper. I believe there is also an article that explains isolation raises in the silver section and there is a chart called "approx chart" in gold section that will help you determine the isolation ranges according to villain's VPIP.

4) preflop the same as 3), according to the chart it's a raise but since BB has 82 VPIP it's a fairly easy fold. so what you have to know about iso raising is: limper has to be loose, blinds need to be tight (i'd say about 30 VPIP max.) and you need to be in the late position (not many players to act behind you). Then look at the SHC and it's all you really need to know :) .

Ok now for the postflop play, just call flop here. turn is tricky because you have a gutshot + flush draw, but the flush draw is weak because you have a 9 of hearts (you should read the article on advanced odds and outs).. But since you also have outs for the A, you can call turn. river is of course an easy fold.

I hope this helped :)

Primzi
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Hey,

I disagree with primizi here, i think they are both easy raises preflop. He is right to think of tightening up when the blinds are looser, but A8 is too strrong imo and the BB will call an awful lot of worse hands, so you will be playing postflop, IP, with the intiative, a likely equity edge against 2 fishes! That sounds like a dream situation to me?

And the approx chart only takes into account the vpip of the limper, no this limper is pretty extreme btu the category he fits closest to is 50/10 VPIP/PFR which suggests we should iso-raise 33+, A2s+,K6s+, Q9s+, JTs+,A2o+.K8o+.and QTo+. But in this situation i would tighten up this range due ot the very loose BB but the hands i would be cutting would be K6s-K8/9s, K8o-KTo, QTo, Q9s, and possibly A2o-A5o. And i think these adjustments also leave me with quite a tight range and I know some players would play it a lot looser giving this situation.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      ooops mispost
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I didn't read everything, but in the A8o hand I isolate with any ace preflop. You're on the BTN so you can play the entire hand in position. Most likely against 2 fish. So your expectation is good. If you don't hit the flop and the fish show agression you can easily fold.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey, I get an A for the effort ;)
    • DukeFreedom
      DukeFreedom
      Black
      1) I'd call the flop and reevaluate on the turn. Intention to raise any turn that is 9 or lower, otherwise I'd just call down. You generally just want to be showdownbound against such maniacs.

2) I don't raise this preflop. You're OOP, and I don't think your equity is all that good. Better to keep the pot small so that you can just fold when you don't hit.

3) Easy raise preflop.

4) Easy raise preflop. I'd call the flop for your backdoors + ace and 9 high. Turn call for gutshot + low flush + ace high. River fold.
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Hi!

Wrong forum and try to only put 1 hand per thread.Anyway my oppinon:

1) Without any read I go for calldown here to get a better idea of his donking range.If there were more players to act behind you I insta go for the raise to protect against them. Against 1 limper you should never call(either raise or fold!)
      Standard range is to isolate with 44+ against 1 limper.

2)Definately just a call.You are OOP and there is no need to bigger the pot with a hand that has just slight edge against the players.

3)Easy isolation raise.Your hand has edge on limper and also on players behind you. Even though BB will call you most of the time your hand will play well and you are IP.I go for isolation with any Ax here. They are just soo bad and being IP with them really makes me isolate very loose.

4) Again easy preflop isolation(same reasons).I would isolate with any Axs and A7o+.
      postflop... easy call flop due to outs.No need to raise IP when you will never kick them out and also you are not very often ahead.Turn you get some more outs so I call again and river is an easy fold.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Hey, I get an A for the effort ;)
      A+ off course ;)

Just like i give every fish that tries to 3bet bluff me off the nut fullhouse on the river an A+ for effort :D
    • CristianWMM
      CristianWMM
      Bronze
      thanks for your opinions, very usefull.

I will be posting more hands (in the right forum :D )