1 Million GTD

• DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      So I am going to play the 1 mil gtd on ipoker today and I wanted to know if anyone out there who has played this before or a similar super deepstack tourny could give me any tips.
      Have not played a tourny this big before and was just wondering if there's any adjustments I should make from playing normal mtts.
      Starting stack is 10k with 20 min levels so we're prob gonna be playing for about 6/7 hours just to reach the money then another 6 to win it, so deffo in it for the long haul.
      If anyone has played such a tourny I'd be gratefull for your thoughts.

Cheers
  • 6 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      all i can say is that you should expect about 20 hours to win it if not more ;) well depending on the number of contestants really... but there is a daily 10$ tourney at stars that has like 2k chips and 10 or 20 min. lvls in the afternoon, well it usually ends at like 9 am next day ;)
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Thanks Primzi.Yeah I know its gonna be a long one, I've been to the shop and stocked up on coffee and milk :P .
      Regarding the strategy though, should we be playing like BSS cash games when the stacks are so big? i.e just playing for pure value.
      There are currently 900 players registered BTW with 5 and a half hours to kick off.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi DarkNeo,

Congrats on your recent big win. Just don't forget that BRM is for life, not just for Christmas :P

Don't go stepping up too many levels (I have no idea what levels you are used to though).

Having said this, good luck buddy, go ship it ;)

Oh and sorry, can't help with the strategy side of things, I haven't a clue but maybe check out Pokernoob's mtt videos as he's just cashed 4xEPT main events in a row so is doing something right :D

Good luck & above all enjoy,

Bart
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Thanks Eaglestar.Don't worry I qualified through a sat so im not abusing my BR :s_cool: .
      Yes I'll check those out thanks.
      :( cant watch pokernoob vid as its platinum.Oh well not long till I'm one of those it'll just have to wait.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Ah ok cool, yeah didn't sound like you to go taking a punt out of BRM, all good.

Sorry, didn't look at which status the vids were.

I'll come and rail you if I'm around later. Good luck buddy,

Bart
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot mate.Unfortunately I wont know if you are watching as you can't speak on the tabs if you are not on them anymore.
      Gimme a shout on here if you do show up, It'll be nice to know someones cheering me on lol.