This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

7 card stud

• AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      im looking for someone playeing 7 card stud to help me find the right approach to the game :)

im trying to learn the game and currently reading some books and railing some 7 card stud online.

first of all can anyone recommend some books on the supject ? (currently reading 7 card stud by Roy West)

one of the things im wondering about is how much the appropiate buy in amount in is to; lets say .5$/1$ 7 card stud ?
      a lot of the guys on stars have stacks arround 10-20$ but as a PLO player i find it short. but what would u guys recommend ?

thx in advantage !

AlcopopDK
  • 1 reply
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      for strategy there is some info here....mainly related to hi-lo but still usefull. As far as buy in goes, i'm guessing you're playing limit?????.........in which case a good rule of thumbs is work out how many big bets if every street is capped, and multiply that by 2 for a starting stack.

This gives you breathing space before you need to reload, and the ability to maximize value from a big hand

other than that, approach it like any other variant, play tight and aggressive, be aware of position