7 card stud

• AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Silver
      im looking for someone playeing 7 card stud to help me find the right approach to the game :)

im trying to learn the game and currently reading some books and railing some 7 card stud online.

first of all can anyone recommend some books on the supject ? (currently reading 7 card stud by Roy West)

one of the things im wondering about is how much the appropiate buy in amount in is to; lets say .5$/1$ 7 card stud ?
      a lot of the guys on stars have stacks arround 10-20$ but as a PLO player i find it short. but what would u guys recommend ?

thx in advantage !

AlcopopDK
  • 1 reply
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      for strategy there is some info here....mainly related to hi-lo but still usefull. As far as buy in goes, i'm guessing you're playing limit?????.........in which case a good rule of thumbs is work out how many big bets if every street is capped, and multiply that by 2 for a starting stack.

This gives you breathing space before you need to reload, and the ability to maximize value from a big hand

other than that, approach it like any other variant, play tight and aggressive, be aware of position