[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR draw vs reg on steal

• randomdonk
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6, 9.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB calls $1.00, BB folds.

Flop: ($3) 5, 2, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $1.90, Hero raises to $6.50, SB raises to $17.50, Hero calls $11.00.

Turn: ($38) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($38) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $34.75(All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $38.

he's from pokerstrategy, from spanish community.
      on the flop i can't see him having anything. he's not calling me pre oop with 55,22,Q5,Q2,52 and it's not gonna turn top pair into a bluff.
      calling his 3bet instead of shoving looks pretty strong, and i also think he will think it's very unlikely that i bluff shove river. at least for now while we haven't got much history.
      good? bad? any thought? :P
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      if you had higher flushdraw, like K or A high then you can consider shoving flop, since you´re often dominate his draws and against Qx you have enough equity.
      If you coldcall 3-bet, then it looks strong, although if turn is blank and he shoves, what are you going to do :) ?
      So although coldcall is fine if you put him on air I think shove or fold is usually better on the flop.
      checking back turn is ok, since he can easily slowplay, but if he checks river I think 15$ "valuebet" has the same effect against air or maybe to 88 than shove