Micro Limit SNG Blog

• Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Hi All,

I am Rickie I am 22 and from Birmingham in the UK; I am currently studying computing at university. I have decided to start a blog as I think this will help me keep more disciplined with my bankroll management.

I have been playing for roughly a 2 years, I started playing on paddy power and after losing a few small bankrolls of around $20 etc… I found poker strategy, during this time as I was used to playing on the iPoker network I passed the quiz and got the $50 sent to titan poker, which with my inexperience I lost within a month with poor bankroll management. I then started playing on pokerstars, which is where I am currently based. I have built up a bankroll on there a few times however the problem is I would get careless and join some big tournaments such as Sunday million. This is the main reason I need to keep a track of my bankroll, because I know I can successfully build a bankroll but always end up using it to play in a big tournament.

I recently deposited $10, which I started playing 10 cent SNGs and have recently moved up to 25 cent SNGs, my bankroll currently stands at $40.20 after playing around 200-300 tournaments. I usually play anything from 30-40 tables depending on my internet as sometimes it tends to run a bit slow.

January Goals
      :spade: Reach $100
      :spade: Practice ICM
      :spade: Play 400 tournaments a week

Long Term Goals
      :spade: Reach $1000
      :spade: Read articles and watch videos

Thanks for reading

Rick

Pokerstars Tag: RikJ21
      Current Bankroll: $40.20
  • 4 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      wow that's some crazy multitabling. I'm doing the same thing as you exept i have followed some sort of bankroll management from the start. I've also grinded the $0,25 SNG with a ROI of 125% :D

Although i only 4 table, so i've only played 400 SNG's so far. And i've been running almost -30% ROI on the $1 sng's :f_mad:

GL though. i might try multitabling the $0,25 like you.. then i could definetly put in a nice volume..
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      wow that's some crazy multitabling. I'm doing the same thing as you exept i have followed some sort of bankroll management from the start. I've also grinded the $0,25 SNG with a ROI of 125% :D

Although i only 4 table, so i've only played 400 SNG's so far. And i've been running almost -30% ROI on the $1 sng's :f_mad:

GL though. i might try multitabling the $0,25 like you.. then i could definetly put in a nice volume..
      Thats cool, Im glad to see someone else that is playing similar limits to me :)

I find the 0.25 quite soft, although I hope to be able to move up later this month. I remember the $1 tourneys, they were very swingy when I used to play them, although I think once you get to the $3 limit and upwards they arent as swingy. I just hope I keep running good lol :)

good luck to you too buddy

Rick
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      11th January 2010

Today I completed my first session since I started blogging :) I played a total of 114 tournaments which were a mixture of 10/25 cent tournaments, I think this went quite well i have attached a graph below showing todays session.

Graph

Summary

Total Tournaments: 114
      Total Staked: $25.20

Profit: $10.85

ROI: 43.06%

Current Bankroll: $51.05
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Weekly Update

Ive decided to switch to weekly updates as its a lot easier than doing every session. This week overall I didn't play that much however I mixed a few $1 45 man tournaments in and run quite badly in those, however the results are summarized below.

Summary

Total Tournaments: 280
      Total Staked: $139.40

Profit: $20.12

ROI: 14.43

Current Bankroll: $60.32