What is a sensible stoploss??

• mjkirwan1980
      Hey guys,

How many buy ins would you consider losing before having some sort of stoploss??

I play NL50 BSS....just wondering whether 4 or 5 was a bit shallow and I should expect that regularly. Personally I think i start to go a bit hulk around the 4 BI mark and am trying to curb it. Maybe I just need a stern talking to.

Also regarding tilt....I tend to get less tilted from idiots calling me down when they shouldnt and hitting and more tilted when i make errors and call stupid river bets when i convince myself that thier donk bet means they have air :(

Maybe it should be a stop loss on stupid errors per session rather than buy-ins??
  • 7 replies
    • mafaz
      stop whenever it makes you tilted
      Some people may loose 10 buy ins but they wont stop if they are tilt resistant...
    • KidPokersKid
      Originally posted by mafaz
      stop whenever it makes you tilted
      Some people may loose 10 buy ins but they wont stop if they are tilt resistant...
      Right, the best stop loss you can have is when you stop playing your A game.
    • Kruvi45
      I agree on the A game, another thing to note for me at least is to stop when you feel either too tired or not paying full attention anymore.

Played poker yesterday for 4 hours with mates, then joined a table for fun, doubled up quick but lost attention shortly thereafter (tv seemed fun and relaxing), ended up about where I started.

For some reason sometimes switching from tables to a ring game also sometimes seems to work.
    • s1ndr0me
      lol I have an extremly strict 3BI rule wHich I ignored completly yesterday and promptly lost 4BI.
    • justkyle88
      When you loss 3 BI's in 10hands. Mega Tilt. :f_cry:
    • mjkirwan1980
      My 2 favourite standard plays at the minute are losing a full BI on the first hand of a session or the last hand before the BB on the last table I am closing!

Usually plays as follows:

AKs from BB. Open raise from button....RR by me from BB...min RR by button....AI by me followed by call from button.

Button shows J9s......flop J...9....blah blah blah. LOL

End of session hand is usually something like JJ from UTG. Raise followed by RR by player playing 50/20 blah blah blah 9 high flop blah blah blah they have AA..... blah blah blah just lost all the profit from the last 2 hours. LOL

Hmmmm....maybe i should make sure i dont get it in on the first or last hand of a session :)

Nether of which are usually tilt inducing but both are annoying.
    • NightFrostaSS
      Stop when you are even.