Building a BR, the best possible way.

• Menschdefekt
      Menschdefekt
      Bronze
      I have been trying to get over the $20 mark at pokerstars. I just cant seem to build anything up.
      Lately I have been doing 1.15$ double or nothing, but I know they are a rip off. I risk 1.15 (or 1.10$) to win 80cents.
      Not only do I risk more than I can gain, but I also need to dodge every bad player that infests the platform.
      I tried .25c 45 player games, but again, trying to dodge bad players.... Too many suck outs, I hate playing them. Cash table I cant do much, again, so many suckouts, and I dont have the BR to really play any decent stakes.

Where do smallrollers go to build?
  • 21 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Menschdefekt
      I have been trying to get over the $20 mark at pokerstars. I just cant seem to build anything up.
      Lately I have been doing 1.15$ double or nothing, but I know they are a rip off. I risk 1.15 (or 1.10$) to win 80cents.
      Not only do I risk more than I can gain, but I also need to dodge every bad player that infests the platform.
      I tried .25c 45 player games, but again, trying to dodge bad players.... Too many suck outs, I hate playing them. Cash table I cant do much, again, so many suckouts, and I dont have the BR to really play any decent stakes.

45seter 25c S&Gs at stars are easey, was beating at a 81% ROI over 743 of em. Agaisnt these tards all you have to do is plat really tight and overplay your big hands...also dont bluff or c-bet them if you miss. 18 tabling those wasnt to bad...ofcourse the money isnt good but you di what you have to to get started.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Cash table I cant do much, again, so many suckouts, and I dont have the BR to really play any decent stakes.

If you carnt beat lowest stakes what makes you think you'll beat higher? Suckouts are a god thing...it means players are playing bad which means more $$$ in your BR.
    • ChoChikun
      ChoChikun
      Bronze
      but I also need to dodge every bad player that infests the platform.
      Why? I like playing with bad players.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I was going to suggest 'Double or Nothing''s the best way to build a bankroll. On Pokerstars the rake on $1's is 10%, so you need to win 56%+ to make a profit. 55% win is breakeven, and 54% win is death by rake. They are not a "rip off", and rake gets good on higher limits, only 4%.

If you can't manage 56% winrate on microlimits, you will struggle higher up.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      but I know they are a rip off. I risk 1.15 (or 1.10$) to win 80cents.
      :f_confused:
      I will have to see this for myself. You must win something else because this is stupid for any one to play these.

To answer your question: if you like SnG´s then the 18-45 man sng @ Stars are good and profitable. You can usually play a few at once, they take between 1-2h max and if you play TAGish style you can finish in the money often enough to make a good return.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      do it like boku!!!

you really need discipline and determination and multitabling skill.

u have 20$ > play .10 cent sngs 360ppl have at least a 50 BI rule 75+ more prefered and grind it all the way till next orbit when u have at least 50 $ start playing 1.1 $ sngs it is a long and hard way until bigger dollars, but everybody has to start somewhere. and so on and so on but u really need at least 50bi roll to be protected against variance. It is possible to make it form scratch but is very very hard. for start play max 4 tables at a time or as many you feel comforatble with. players are very bad and tilted on those stakes so you will have to choose your allin carefully and not callin any raise with QT type of hands or pp below JJ, you wull be sucked out often and that is why you must have at least 50bi roll for stakes you play. I believe you can do it read articles and study your game and post hands in the forum you can really improve by doing that.

dont give up and good luck!

• Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by One12ver
      but I know they are a rip off. I risk 1.15 (or 1.10$) to win 80cents.
      :f_confused:
      I will have to see this for myself. You must win something else because this is stupid for any one to play these.
      Its called 'double or nothing' for a reason. You either win double what you buy in for, or you win nothing.

So if the buyin is $1(+$0.10rake), you get $2 everytime you win. If its $100, you win $200 etc.

Deduct the rake, and you have your profit. ;)
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      My ROI actually gets better the higher the stakes,the saying goes "Don't make a move on someone who doesn't know it's a move" I think the lower limits are frustrating but if you keep plugging away it'll pay off.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Seen the 'double or nothing' Sng @ Stars. :f_biggrin: You guys also forgot to tell me the top 5 win 2$. So does the SnG end when the 6th person is out? :f_confused:
    • Rootbox
      Rootbox
      Bronze
      Should be that way...

Double or nothing is pretty good.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by One12ver
      Seen the 'double or nothing' Sng @ Stars. :f_biggrin: You guys also forgot to tell me the top 5 win 2$. So does the SnG end when the 6th person is out? :f_confused:
      You should learn to read.

Yes, the bubble is with 6 players left, and the game ends when 5 players have busted.
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      I started with 12 bucks and after 2 months have passed 2 limits at FL, try that
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      start with 2 million $ at nose bleed stakes play durrrr,ivey,antonius,ziigmund simultaneous get on an upswing to 7 million...then lose it all back and the 2 million you have deposited....don't tell anybody you did that .....go broke and start working at the local fast food.... hmmm srry i think that s been done allready by isildur, no ideas sorry
    • Menschdefekt
      Menschdefekt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ChoChikun
      Why? I like playing with bad players.
      They may play bad cards, but when your sitting there with big cards, they shove on you and suck out, its not good when you have an already small bankroll.

Originally posted by Vargan
      I was going to suggest 'Double or Nothing''s the best way to build a bankroll. On Pokerstars the rake on $1's is 10%, so you need to win 56%+ to make a profit. 55% win is breakeven, and 54% win is death by rake. They are not a "rip off", and rake gets good on higher limits, only 4%.

If you can't manage 56% winrate on microlimits, you will struggle higher up.
      I can, I win 8 in 10 games, but really to profit 80Cents a game, its not worth the time spent.
      i have played 2 .25c 45 player games, and seen some of the worse play I think I have ever seen. 67 calling a shove vs aces and getting a running flush, 72 calling an all in and flopping a fullhouse.... its not profitable poker when your forced to play bingo.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I don't think poker is the game for you to be honest.

The kind of players you describe are exactly the kind of players your should want to play against.

And winning 8 of 10 DoN's is very good. And certainly sounds like a quick way to build your roll. If it's not worth your time, then make a deposit, or find another hobby.
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      I definitely agree with Kimber on this one.
      Obviously you think you are a better player than most people at low stakes but thats where you should start no matter what... If you think you are that good than simply pay your own money and play...
      you may actually only think like that as its actually not really your money, but once you start playing with money that goes out of your pocket you ll see the difference.
      If you are loosing out on low limits why do you think you ll win on higher? You don't earn money on good players but rather on bad ones that ll call with any hand.

My way to move up is to grind it out...
      I started now with 50 and will play on .10/.20 FL. I won't even think of moving up till I have payed out at least 2-3 300 blinds on that stake, and earn myself another 300 blinds for a higher stake, than I might think of trying next level stake...
      That is my strategy for poker this year... I know it ll be long way but I guess it could be successful
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      As a DoN player I can say winning 8 of 10 DoNs is not a realistic at all.
      A really good DoN player wins 6-6.5/10(60-65%) and your average grinder probably wins somewhere between 5.5-6/10(55-60%).

Lets say you play sets of 10 tables. One set averages 30 minutes to finish.
      Winning 8/10 will give you $5 profit for every set you play, and an hourly rate of $10. Playing (6 sets) 3 hours every day, you will earn $30. If you do this every day you will earn $900 on average every month, making it a redonkulous way to build your bankroll.

So I agree with Kimber88. I dont think poker is for you because even the most basic math seems incomprehensible for you.

Originally posted by Kimber88
      I don't think poker is the game for you to be honest.

And winning 8 of 10 DoN's is very good. And certainly sounds like a quick way to build your roll.
    • RiverMeTimbers0
      RiverMeTimbers0
      Bronze
      i have to chip in here as i had a torrid time at first on stars but got to know good spots and judge those Sng's pretty well.cash tables at lower levels are battlefields alright but play tight and dont let them catch or steal pots too easily and its a cake walk no? i havent been playing recently after 2 bad beats in the millions but its a good site with best opponents ya can find.have heart!
    • Menschdefekt
      Menschdefekt
      Bronze
      I think my issue is I cant multi table very well. I will play about 4 games per day, with the odd day no games at all.
      This is my money, I never got the 50$, only two of about 5 or 6 people I have invited have gotten it, so its not just me.

I have tried giving the 45 player .25c games a go, they seem to have their ups and downs. I have hit the money 3 out of 6 times so far. Nothing great, but at least I got my money back.
      Im not the best player, Im very cautious with my play. Maybe its why I cant build the BR up. I can often read the play though and dont do too bad on the folds. Im confident when I fold, and confident with my calls.

I think I have been on the right track with the DoN games, I just need to grind it out.