Regular vs Turbo SNGs?

• 6 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Non-Turbo:

Slower structure leads to more time for your opponents to make mistakes.
      Good sit n go players with a solid understanding will do very well in these.
      Less push n fold.

Turbo's

Faster structure means "usualy" more players left at the push n fold stage.
      A good sit n go player with a solid understanding will have a higher hourly in these usualy.
      Solid ICM is a must.
      More pro's at the higher limits and even at the $11's and up
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      want to contribute at what lennonac is saying. Because what you see at non-turbo is with the fish dropping out fast you get in many situation where the blinds are still low but already many people dropped out. this gives more opportunaty for steals and re-steals and just post-flop becomes more important then in the turbo version. Also there will be many situations where the bubble everybody is still pretty deepstacked which will need an other way of playing then when everybody is pretty shortstacked like is the turbo's.
    • FTRain
      FTRain
      Bronze
      lennonac nice description. So after these what will you recommend for beginner on Full tilt /like me :) / with the starting bankroll - 50 $ for 1,2 $ - turbos or regular ? I played almost 500 sng and still around 50 /400+ turbos/. And kind a wonder what to do right now...
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FTRain
      lennonac nice description. So after these what will you recommend for beginner on Full tilt /like me :) / with the starting bankroll - 50 $ for 1,2 $ - turbos or regular ? I played almost 500 sng and still around 50 /400+ turbos/. And kind a wonder what to do right now...
      Turbos for sure. A huge benefit of regular SNGs is that you have more fish in them however at the micro limits this is not really worthy of consideration.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      I've found regulars are better if you're still a bit shaky with your ICM Push/Fold knowledge. I'm doing regulars until i'm really comfortable with it. I also find that there's too much room for suckouts in turbos... shorter stacks all around = less fold equity (imo) and so people call with shit and suck out. you can only survive so many coinflips in one SnG, and if you get into several coinflips while still 5-7 handed, chances are you won't make the money.
      Thoughts? Opinions? Criticisms?
    • Christorian
      Christorian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91
      I've found regulars are better if you're still a bit shaky with your ICM Push/Fold knowledge. I'm doing regulars until i'm really comfortable with it. I also find that there's too much room for suckouts in turbos... shorter stacks all around = less fold equity (imo) and so people call with shit and suck out. you can only survive so many coinflips in one SnG, and if you get into several coinflips while still 5-7 handed, chances are you won't make the money.
      Thoughts? Opinions? Criticisms?
      If you download the ICM trainer try and play 200 or so hands before you start your session. Should only take 10/20 mins or so.
      It's great if you find yourself with a lot of 4th place finishes because you can set it up to practice your bubble play.

Suckouts = Meh. Had K10 cracked by K8 and 109 beat by 78 on the bubble 5 mins ago. Just fist pump shove ( I prefer the Isildur1 all in ftw ;) ) and do a little victory dance if you get called by worse.

If you are the one shoving then fold equity should allow you to survive 5/7 players and finish itm.