This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 50 SH QQ 4bet

• AlanMufc
      AlanMufc
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $56.12
      MP2:
      $49.26
      BU:
      $54.50

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BU raises to $5.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $12.50, MP2 raises to $49.26 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $67.01

I realise this is not a good habit to get into but is it ok in this situation? button3better is very aggressive and the utg raiser had a 3bet percentage of 1% which i think is a good indicator that he won't shove lightly in this situation. I would've been happy to get it in against the button but i feel that utg has AK minimum here and is never doing this with jacks so i didn't think i had the equity i needed.

Bad move? if so should i be cold calling in the big blind or just getting in despite utg obvious strength?
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I think that it is difficult to say because u dont have much hands in history of both players.

In such moves i think that this was great lay down and for this nice hand.

It is almost impossible that someone do such an action with TT, JJ maybe with AK.

So i think nice hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against QQ+/AK I think you have good enough equity consider that you have put pot 1/4th of your stack
      Si imo you can´t fold to shove