Very Fishy Site ???

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have read numerous times that 888 is one of the fishiest sites around. Looking at the cash tables tonight I see that of the NL50 FR tables the highest % of players to see the flop is 24% on 2 out of 7 tables, with 3 tables being less than 15%!!!

Guess I will leave the NL50 SSS for a few hours lol. Back to the NL10 BSS for a while.
  • 8 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Pacific poker is very bad for FR game. If you play BSS SH than Pacific is good for you otherwise it go somewhere else:) )
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      It's not that bad for FR (I've seen worse) and at least I managed to finish last night 3.5BI up.

There are some serious donkeys playing NL10 and NL20 FR on 888, it's just a matter of having a hand when they have their "favourite hand" (Q3os seems popular for some reason) and won't let it go. I picked up a BI last night from someone who called all my flop and turn bets and my river shove with second pair, when I had flopped top set!

The FR tables tend not to be loose enough for SSS but manageable for BSS imho.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      On 888 i easily played SSS at the beginning.

But the problem is because there is not many FR tables and then u faced the problem os finding another onewhen u already maneged to get 25BB on all others.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Yes that is the biggest problem with SSS on 888.

I used to keep a list of tables I left and the time I left them and was getting back on the waiting list for them 25 mins later. It got a bit complicated for a while but thanks to the shortage of suitable tables I have switched to BSS now.
    • Dexstar
      Dexstar
      Bronze
      You can limp in with suited connectors and suited aces without fear of being raised off your hand. If you hit your hand you are likely to get paid off big as most of the monekys are limping with everyhand and want to play them aggressively post flop giving you huge implied odds.

PF Raise AQo+ to the pot size. Raise 3 quarters of the pot on favourable flop but fold to any kind of resistance or when draws are made. Half pot if you suspect over pair, the monkeys will only call your raises.

Min raise small pairs fold to a big raise but call if getting set value from a big stack.

Best style is a loose passive game with 99-and all suited connectors, one gappers and Ax suited (Depending on position, you can be more aggressive in position when first to enter the pot, however keep in mind that if they are not folding to a min raise they are generally not folding anything) Most of the players on here could be considered Elephants and calling stations, with a few rock tight players playing something like 6/3. You will very rarely encounter any good players at all and I would not worry about anybody exploiting this style, no one will.

AA, KK AND QQ should be played aggressively preflop and post flop, though
      if there is an Ace on the board with no draws your kings and queens are likely beat. Take a pot control line.

Do not put yourself in any marginal situations, 888 is a completely different game when compared to full tilt. You will find the occasional player who can raise and fold to a 3 bet however beware of coming down with fancy play syndrome.

Your big hands will be paid off when you make them, 888 is hardly a pre flop game in that you are extremely likely to have 4-5 people see the flop with a raise and will see a showdown with 3 players more than often.

Best way is a moderately tight, aggressive (with trips flush straights and two pair) be very careful with tptk. However you can be extreamly loose especially in position.
      Set mining is insanely profitable here
      (BTW this is not my usual style but you gotta adapt to the game flow and this has worked for me)

Anyway hope this helps some of you.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Don't be a little girl, play SH.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      what is your sample size?
    • Dexstar
      Dexstar
      Bronze
      at the moment 19,694 hands. EV bb/100 = 11.98bb/100

(By the way in talking about 100bb stack play here or big stack play not sss)

I understand this is a small sample size but I believe a generally simple game, block bets as opposed to semi-bluffs and being as passive as to say play your open ended straight flush draws aggressively but without all in if you dont make your hand, on this site if they call two pot sized bets they seem to be pot committed (most cant find the fold button, so don't place as much emphasis on fold equity). If you have holdem manager you can tell after an hour or two as there are some crazy stats for example 56/30 40/2 9/2 there are very little players stats with 20/10 most of these stats are also coupled with major passiveness or are massively over aggressive. generally you can exploit this as if you feel someone is slow playing (or just cant find the raise button) and you make a major hand (if you choose the right opponent) some will call a shove for 90bb even if there is 10bb in the pot (very Slight exaggeration but you get the picture).

I have played SH and although still playing a solid game these games are even crazier and also profitable but im trying to avoid as much variance as possible and have bum hunted a few people sitting alone on a table. Min raising every time your on the button and half betting the pot makes these people play nuts when you make a good hand (generally nobody will raise in position against you either)