Sit n go swings

• thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      im reallly on tilt these days

one day i win 4 sit n goes in a rough. another day i loose 5 in a rough. i feel like it is lots of variance in the games.

how can i slow the variance down, and how can i make the tilt not affect my game so much ?

thnx
  • 7 replies
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      play DON's. In sng's you are in the money less then 50% of the time, in DON's you're more then 50% (if you play well).

This means that when entering a SNG you're expectation is NOT to get in the money while in a DON you expect to get in the money.

From what i saw i guess the following are resonable:

10-15 (maybe 20) buy-in's downswing for DON's
      20-30 (sometimes even aproaching 40) for regular SNG's.
      Maybe going to 50 buy-in downswing or more for turbo SNG's.

These can happen every now and then (every few hundred games). So get used to it!!!
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      you are in for a big shock!

Its very common to have 20 buyins downswing

Its common to have 50 buyin downswings

Its very common to have 100+ games breakeven stretch

Its common to have 1000+ games breakeven stretch
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thorturgutt
      im reallly on tilt these days

one day i win 4 sit n goes in a rough. another day i loose 5 in a rough. i feel like it is lots of variance in the games.

how can i slow the variance down, and how can i make the tilt not affect my game so much ?

thnx
      You lost 5 in a row ? OMFG :f_biggrin: Seriously, why do you think it is recommended to have AT LEAST 50 buyins ? If you play ST SNGs, it is kind of normal to meet 50-55BI loosing streak IF you play +ROI game ..
    • thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      so it is actually usual to loose 20 buyins without cashing ?

and how many BIs is suggested for DONs ?
      eaven though i dont think dons are very fun to play
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I would sugest just as many as your roi in double or nothings will be very low
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze

- play normal sngs instead of turbo worse players more time to exploit them = less variance.

- play less tables if u re multitabling so u can play A+ game instead of A - .

if u have money tilt issues have a bigger br for each limit so it wont affect u much

if u have generally tilt issues cause u loose with the best hands get used to it u cant do anything about that just be happy if your play was good and u were in front vs your villain when all in otherwise evaluate your game. Human mind remembers the loosing hands that u should win more than the winning hands u should loose.

if u still feel tilty take a break , playing while on tilt will only make u loose more .

hope some of that will help u
    • thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      thanks for replying everybody, helpt alot.