Cannot win

• Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      When i first deposited on poker stars, i played decently well turned my initial 25$ deposit into around 100 in a month or so and shortly after i just crashed. Since then i haven't been able to win anything, Ive taken a few days off my luck just isn't changing. Ive just been losing more and more money. What would you guys recommend i do?
  • 18 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      We need a lot more information, such as the following

1. What type of game? FL or NL? or SNG etc....?
      2. What limit?
      3. You downswing over how many hands?
      4. Your playing style
      5. Post hands you are unsure about

These are just some of the info we need to give you any useful advice.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      If you play cash game i suggest you take a look at SSS articles and start from the beggining.

With starting capital of 50$ i got i really enjoyed my SSS play. It was so easy to play(u just follow fer charts) and winnings were nice so i produced enaught to go on NL FR pretty fast.
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Sorry i play NL5 SSS, Ive just been on a huge crash that i never recovered from. A lot of my big losses are just hands like KK vs QQ and the queens always seem to suck out...
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dur73
      Sorry i play NL5 SSS, Ive just been on a huge crash that i never recovered from. A lot of my big losses are just hands like KK vs QQ and the queens always seem to suck out...
      Ur gonna get ur fair share of those no matter what kind of game u play. For what it's worth, take it as it is, a rarity. Sometimes though they'll come one after the other over and over again ... those times it's best to keep a cool head and stick to the A game. What I also do usually is take extra time reviewing my game to check if it wasn't maybe my bad play that allowed the other guy to beat me.
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Thanks for the suggestions, i understand about downswings and how everyone faces them but when playing NL 5 i don't think they should be large enough to wipe out my entire bankroll. It probably is a tilt issue though. Thanks for the help guys.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      When i first deposited on poker stars, i played decently well turned my initial 25$ deposit into around 100 in a month or so and shortly after i just crashed. Since then i haven't been able to win anything, Ive taken a few days off my luck just isn't changing. Ive just been losing more and more money. What would you guys recommend i do?
      quit
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Well the idea is to improve my game and not just give up...who just gives up?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Well the idea is to improve my game and not just give up...who just gives up?
      jesus did
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Jesus was a trooper
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      how is it the saying goes?

losers don't quit, winners don't lose.
      well i don't know what we can extract from that but maybe it shed some light on ur future in poker. if not then pardon me ill go to bed
    • thepowerplay
      thepowerplay
      Bronze
      For me, I'd be interested in what BR strategy you are using... how many buy-ins are you using for your game? If you aren't doing that, you can go broke with even a solid strategy.
    • Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      Happens alot in poker just like AQ vs KK and the Ace seems to always hit the board.

I saw this guy win with QQ vs KK and then against AA within 5 minutes.

But I get QQ 2 times last week and lose to 66 and 44 .

Only after 100,000 hands do you see that your AA and KK win more than QQ .
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Well i don't have much of a BRM strategy...i play NL5 and only enter 1$ sngs at the moment. However i am going to use the 30 BI to move up a limit, i just dislike NL2
    • VheroM
      VheroM
      Bronze
      Dont those $1 SNG's have a massive rake? like $0.20 or something? It's impossible to beat the rake at that rate.
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Well i mostly play MTT's not SNG's but ive started to just try and play cash games, whats a good cash game BRM strategy?
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      20, 25. 30 BI's are all reasonable amounts. some would suggest more. Many people give themselves more BI's with each stake they progress to. Personally I wait untill I have 20BI for the next level, then I grind out another 2 BI and use those to take a shot. If I fail, rinse and repeat. A bit anal I know but its what I'm Comfortable doing. I'm still only playing nanos and SH BSS tho.
    • gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      Well i don't have much of a BRM strategy...i play NL5 and only enter 1$ sngs at the moment
      Well i mostly play MTT's not SNG's but ive started to just try and play cash games, whats a good cash game BRM strategy?
      It sounds to me like your confused and don't know what game your playing from one day to the next.
      I think the best strategy would be to go back and play the basic NL SSS strategy and build your confidence and game up.
    • Dur73
      Dur73
      Bronze
      Haha..I play SSS im just saying that i occasionally enter MTT's, thanks for the advise though