$2.93
      MP3:
      $8.84
      CO:
      $16.22
      BU:
      $14.66

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) K, A, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BB folds, MP3 raises to $0.56, Hero calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.42) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.67, Hero raises to $2.31, MP3 calls $1.64.

River: ($6.04) 9 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $7.74(All-In), MP3 calls $5.87(All-In).

Final Pot: $19.65.
  • 2 replies
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Just one thing:
      I bet the turn. I don't want the risk of a free river card for my oponent.

NH
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd raise preflop even out of position, i want a bigger pot with the big stack fish with a hand as good as QJs. Making sure you get involved for as much money as possible when you have a clear edge is an important factor of beating microstakes.

As played without reads i'm fine just calling the flop minraise, if i knew he was doing that often i'd consider 3betting that guy right there because his range would overall be weaker in general.

On the turn I tend to agree that against a bad player you'll miss value more often than not by not leading out, as he might check back a lot of stuff and i don't think he'll be bluffing enough or valuebetting thin enough to warrant us giving him a shot at pot-controlling. However, the changes quickly if you think his flop raise is very strong, because then by leading out we might force him to just call the turn, which would prevent us from being able to get the stacks in on the flop. You make an educated guess, if you've seen that minraise before from him lead out, otherwise it's more likely to be strong so you can likely try and get your check/raise in.

Obvious shove on the river, bummer if he had the nutflush.

Hope it helps.