[NL2-NL10] NL10, JJJ flop

• wquinn636
      Villain is 56/33 and has been super-aggressive on every flop.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , T:heart:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, 5 folds, BB raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.10, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.25) J:club: , J:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.25, Hero raises to $8.35 (All-In), BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.75[/COLOR]

The pf limp was a misclick, but apart from that, am I alright making a move here against the maniac or is it too risky? I figure he's playing ATC exactly like that and my ace high is usually good.
  • 2 replies
    • santostr
      I guess with those reads it was OK.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Well, with these stack sizes i think against such a player if you think AT-high is the best hand, which it likely is, you're better of committing to a call down to give him a shot at bluffing the rest of his stack into you on the turn, as he'll have about a potsize bet left and most maniacs will just shove the rest in, especially if you feign weakness a bit with your timing when you call the flop. When you jam you're just telling him to fold all worse hands and call it off with all better hands, maybe he folds AQ sometimes but he's definitely never folding a pocket pair, so you're almost bluffing.

Might feel uncomfortable to call down the first few times and you'll definitely feel dumb if he turns a 4 or something and you get it in bad, but if you get in that spot enough times i guarantee you they'll shove air into you on the turn enough to make you calling down vastly more +ev than shoving.

Hope it helps.