This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 BSS - 99 - Worst hand of the session

• santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      This was the worst hand of yesterdays session:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $19.62
      Hero:
      $9.71
      BU:
      $9.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:club: , 9:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BU calls $0.50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.65) 3:club: , 6:spade: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.00, BU calls $1.00, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($3.65) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

River: ($7.65) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU raises to $6.35 (All-In), Hero calls $3.71 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $20.07

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of nines (9c 9h)
      BU shows three of a kind, sixes (6h 6d)

BU wins with three of a kind, sixes (6h 6d)

I wanted to isolate MP3 cause he was a big big fish.
      I like my play PF and on the flop.

On the turn I decided to second barrel, but I think a smaller value, like 1.8-1.9 would make the same efect.

On the river what I thought at the time that I was making a block bet. I didn't want to be bluffed out of that pot.
      But I realize now, after the turn call, I was clearly behind. That bet was just wrong.

I called the raise because of the odds, but there was no hand he could have that I could beat. A busted club draw is realy unlikely.
      Now I would just c/f this river...

I think I played an awfull hand.
      I'm not being results orientated, right? It was bad, right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think your turn bet is fine, i don't believe you're always behind when called at all (otherwise what's the point of betting to begin with?). He can have any sort of 4x 5x 6x 77-88 stuff he's not folding, same for sure with club redraws in there.

On the river however we're pretty much screwed, lot of 6x 5x 4x hands make two pairs or a straight. I'd just check/fold too.

Hope it helps.