Hero ($5)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.60) 4:club: K:heart: 6:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

TURN ($3.60) 4:club: K:heart: 6:heart: 8:heart:

BB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.25 (AI)

RIVER ($10.10) 4:club: K:heart: 6:heart: 8:heart: A:heart:

Turn: with top 2 pair easy call. If he has the flush we still have outs to FH.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I found preflop questionable since K8o is mostly junk concerning flopping Toppairs so it depends on the opponent

Other than that, I like it even though $1.25 flop gives him slightly worser odds and give you a quarter more if he peels with PPs

- Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I found preflop questionable since K8o is mostly junk concerning flopping Toppairs so it depends on the opponent
      - Gerv
      Preflop is easy: Against most opponents you can steal almost any 2 from the BTN. So K8o is relatively strong :p Of cource TP only will give kicker problems.

Flop: After he cold called preflop, I hit TP Crap kicker, but mostly with the standard c-bet IP you take down the pot. But yes I agree, I should have bet a little more.

For the record, he showed KJo without hitting the flush. Nice flop slow play, who cares about protection :f_biggrin: But then again, I am running hot :f_love:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Preflop is easy: Against most opponents you can steal almost any 2 from the BTN.
      Don't generalize the masses, if you use stats, judge them per player since relentlessly stealing against nits is ok but against fish its suicide.

K8o sucks imo to be playing for stacks so you rather want to have a 72o-ish hand to prevent yourself from going with your hand
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      I see your point and agree. Yes I do use stats but on NL25 almost anyone is unknown... So what I do now is: steal any 2 until someone wakes up or I see that he has been loose/limping too much. If it is a fish I know I have to tighten up.

In this particular hand I would have given up the turn if I didn't have 2-pair.

Also stealing increases the overal PFR which make (bad) regulars believe that I am way looser than I am :f_biggrin: This makes my c-bets a bit less effective, but the big hands will pay off better.
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      I see your point and agree. Yes I do use stats but on NL25 almost anyone is unknown... So what I do now is: steal any 2 until someone wakes up or I see that he has been loose/limping too much. If it is a fish I know I have to tighten up.

In this particular hand I would have given up the turn if I didn't have 2-pair.

Also stealing increases the overal PFR which make (bad) regulars believe that I am way looser than I am :f_biggrin: This makes my c-bets a bit less effective, but the big hands will pay off better.
      :heart: :heart: :heart: