MP2 ($9.50)
      CO ($5.90)
      Button ($9.10)
      SB ($11.25)
      Hero ($2.05)
      UTG ($1.30)
      UTG+1 ($5.20)
      MP1 ($10.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , A:heart: .
      [color:#666666]6 folds[/color], [color:#CC3333]SB raises to $0.4[/color], [color:#CC3333]Hero raises to $2.05[/color], SB calls $1.65.

Flop: ($4.10) 2:club: , 2:spade: , K:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]

Turn: ($4.10) 3:spade: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]

River: ($4.10) 5:club: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]

Final Pot: $4.10

This might have been a slight case of "winner's tilt" as I've been on a very good run, but I thought the SB raise might be a steal attempt and decided that my hand was good enough to push back...was this OK or should I have just folded? He won the hand with KcQc, but I was a solid favorite when I put my money in (of course I didn't know this at the time...I guessed at the time that I might be coin-flip at worst.)

Hand 2:
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed)

CO ($9.35)
      Button ($15.75)
      SB ($9.60)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($9.65)
      UTG+1 ($13)
      MP1 ($2.70)
      MP2 ($8.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , 2:club: .
      [color:#666666]4 folds[/color], CO calls $0.10, [color:#666666]1 fold[/color], SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.30) Q:club: , 6:spade: , 5:club: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks, [color:#CC3333]CO bets $0.2[/color], SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.30

I folded this because the guide says not to play draws from the blinds...but I'm wondering if the nut flush draw is strong enough to play? If so, should I lead here or check-raise?

Finally, a general Big Blind question. If you win a hand from the big blind that is big enough that you need to leave the table afterward, do you usually post the small blind and finish the orbit, or do you sit out then and there?

Thanks,
      Kknight
  • 6 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kknight!

Hand 1) easy fold preflop. Don't push with marginal hands preflop even if you are on a good run. The past has no influence on the future in poker. Every hand has to be seen separately.

Hand 2) I would check/call here on the flop and see if the turn helps me. If not and he makes at least a half pot size bet on the turn: fold.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      OK, points taken. Thank you as always Puschkin.

Kknight
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      on the steals/resteals article it says that its profitable to push with AJs if your opponent has an ATS of at least 15 (for PT stats). Practically that means if he steals around 1 out of 6 times or more pushing is profitable. If you dont have any reads on the opponent its best to fold, but if he has been pushing you around by stealing often , its correct to go all in.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Great! Thanks for the info Undercover. I don't yet have access to the stealing/restealing article (although I hope to soon) so I really appreciate the feedback. According to my stats, he has an ATS of 33%, but I only have 31 hands on him so far, so that's probably not accurate. His PFR% in those 31 hands is 18.75% though.

Thanks again,
      Kknight
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      On your limits the steal and resteal article is not so important for you, because on the microlimits raises often means good hands - and not only hands who you can steal with.

You should more concentrate to master the rest of the preflop play before you start to think about steal and resteals (theirfore you should have mastered the flop play as an SSS´ler as well).

And for your question. If I win big in the Big Blind I do post the SB and finish the orbit. You just have to adjust your play a bit (as a beginner I would say play tighter, so maybe only AK, QQ+).
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Thanks for the input Berliner, and for the answer to my question. I haven't been doing very much stealing or restealing at these limits for the reasons that you mention...plus many opponents at these limits are so loose that they defend their big blind with any two.

Thanks,
      Kknight