shiny new accounts

• RiverMeTimbers0
      RiverMeTimbers0
      Bronze
      As a player i have been around the block but lets just say i have played a lot of poker at high and low levels hold em

Does anybody else find that when you open accounts on sites you waterfall up the ladder every move is a good one and your confidence peaks just to find that you spiraling down the ladder again? i have seen it on a lot of sites and am starting to believe something is wrong.

Example: on an ipoker site i turn $100 into $2700 and cant leave the site playing big games and kickin bottom at it.

3 weeks later i am playing 5/10c and clasping the laptop to hope aces hold up after getting called with kj for the hundreth time and losing.

I am not the most pessimistic person but the things i have witnessed in this game are incredible both good and bad but is it me or is it the other players?

I play better at higher levels judging when i am ahead when i can get away with a steal and at lower limits they just call you down to the river like its limit.as a poker player i am ok,not a pro but good at judging high risk situations both live and online.

I dunno bit of feedback would be appreciated!
  • 7 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      [ ] Rigged sites
      [x] Bad BRM

How can you go from like $2.7k to like $400 in 3 weeks? If you've lost that much in a few weeks its your BRM thats the problem.

I do personally seem to start of well at a new site before having a bad patch...But at the end of the day i always get throuh them...Nothing wrong with any of the sites....
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      You all chat bollocks...You dont play better at high levles...because you lost your money! You played low levles, you won, you moved up, you won, you moved up...then you kept lossing...you where just on a heater.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      it's not the site that's rigged, it's you!
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RiverMeTimbers0
      I play better at higher levels
      The loss of almost all of your ~$3000 bankroll in 3 weeks disagrees with this statement.

My advice would be:
      1. Be humble! Face it - you suck! I know I suck at poker and I am trying to learn. You should do this too.

2. Stop tilting!

3. Use proper bankroll management. Cash games at least 30 buyins for the BSS and more for the SSS.

4. Grind, grind, grind! Set a number of hands per day.

5. Review hands. You really should!

6. Stop tilting! Yes, do that.
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RiverMeTimbers0
      As a player i have been around the block but lets just say i have played a lot of poker at high and low levels hold em

i have seen it on a lot of sites and am starting to believe something is wrong.

Example: on an ipoker site i turn $100 into $2700 and cant leave the site playing big games and kickin bottom at it.

I play better at higher levels judging when i am ahead when i can get away with a steal and at lower limits they just call you down to the river like its limit.as a poker player i am ok,not a pro but good at judging high risk situations both live and online.

I dunno bit of feedback would be appreciated!
      I will comment on these few statements you have made.....for feedback...

First statement, you say you have been around the block....and you have played high and low buy in games...Ummm this seems as though you have been playing cards with other poker players, but you have not learning about or playing poker. If you had, you probably would not be asking these questions. An example is a president of company I have consulted for plays poker, since he makes lots at work he can afford quite high limits. He also sucks at actually playing poker....He could not tell you what pot odds is but he does know that and Ace is a good card.

Second statment about believing something is wrong...well that is a valid statement....This will sound harsh, but it is something wrong with your apporach to poker, simple as that. No magic, evel forces doom buttons....the way you play, have BRM, study, think about poker, your attitude, etc etc etc....it could be one thing, a combination or all of it...but something is wrong with YOU....just like everyone else in poker that loses.

You example now....ummm no idea why you go up and lose most if not it all. But why are you trying to leave a site being up money? If you are able to crush NL200 at a site, why would you be thinking about leaving? It is a perfect example of improper poker attitude.

Last statement about playing better at higher limits etc bla bla bla....dillusion...If you can not play at micro or even low limits...then you most likely have little clue about the basic and fundementals of poker. As you state you think you are good at judging high risk situations...but you do not know that EVERY low level fish mostly will call you down to the river on middle pair, a gut shot etc etc etc. Risk situations are not considered HIGH because there is $500 on the table. It is the factor of odds, outs, reads, notes ect that make a situation higher risk. Betting into a call station, call all street fish on a connected board with only TopPair is a high risk situation, even at NL2.

This might sound harsh as well.....but you( like 98% of every other poker player) has ALOT to learn about Poker as a complete entity....

Feedback given....
    • RiverMeTimbers0
      RiverMeTimbers0
      Bronze
      over the 3 weeks i was playing at quite high volumes of tables which may be a factor.

i play alot live rather than online but have a good reputation at tables i get respect whereas on poker sites its just a name so i will post an example.

last year while playing at nl 20 i had a bad morning as everybody does but makes my point a bit clearer.i had aces cracked 3 times after playing according to the strategy which is seen here as correct just purely based on suckouts with top pair catches yadda yadda yadda its not that i mind it just seems that players who get lucky seem to elevate through the ranks faster than grinders.

to be honest it seems playing live is more my thing and satellites to live events usually go well for me but all points here were valid and appreciated.

not to sound pessimimtic but in mtt's my luck is a bit tragic at times and i will try to dig up my records for the sunday millions to post a few hilariously crazy pots but its what its all about really.

my comment about playing better at higher stakes may seem a bit boastful but is true mainly due to less suckouts and reading pots and situations and being able to control play a little more?
    • RiverMeTimbers0
      RiverMeTimbers0
      Bronze
      my comment just meant my money was in ahead maybe 80% of the time.you seem a bit irritated rather than trying to help though.