Report: First free $50

• Xzilion
      Xzilion
      Bronze
      Um today is the day I got my free 50 bucks from pokerstrategy.com (cheers guys) I've been rockin it at Full Tilt and my cashgame play on there is very good I make an easy 400 dollars with a good session of 2-3 hours of poker. I've been getting use to the PartyPoker client and it's so super user friendly and everything that happends they let you know about it, good service. Anyhow I was down to about $19 after loosing against AA with JJ and QQ preflop then I picked up KK got a sucker to get his money in the middle, he had AK and spiked the ace on the flop so I was basicly dead and I lost that one aswell, I kept playing, made a brilliant play which didn't work. The flop was 9,4,Q rainbow, I have 2,2, I check, the guy bets 1.30 and the pot is about 1,26 or something and I thought that was very weird for a loose guy like him to bet pot at something good, so I put him on A,K based on his play. I have about $8 left, so I move in and he insta-calls me with his remaining $5 and gets a king on the river, reminds me of a live cashgame I played and the same thing happend. Anyhow I've been getting crazy good hands, AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK atleast 5+ times each BUT I'm not getting payed one dime at all, wherever my position is and I bet out preflop everyone manage to fold, so I've been running a few wellplaced bluff's and winning some cash and I won against AK with QK, flopped two queens and he had about $1,50 so I went all-in since I knew he had AK and he would call aswell. However im almost back even, $44 atm. Tryin to read some strategy guides on this site while I play. Have fun and try not to play AK so obviously :p
  • 4 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Xzilion!

Thanks for the report! :) Which limits do you play? Your swings seem to be very big for a beginners level ;) Do you already have experience as a poker player?

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Xzilion
      Xzilion
      Bronze
      I've been playing for 3 years, I'm a live player and I've played on the net for 3 months now and it's so different, people won't do those stupid calls live because everyone would look like them like they we're from another planet, atleast not as much as on the net. However I've been struggling to get good money on the net and wasting money on learning the game online so I have a few tricks up my sleeve. up to $70 now, love grinding at night time it's the best time for me;D I usually play 0.5/1 but I'm currently playing at 0.05/0.01 at PartyPoker, it's the best for my bankroll atm. :)
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      No bluffing at low limits and you will be fine(edit: pushing 22 is bluff :P ). Ppl call with nothing so its not profitable at microtables. Just wait until you hit good flop and start rolling money in (dont forget about slowing down if tight player resists :P )
    • Riverman1984
      Riverman1984
      Basic
      Hi Xzilion!

How is it going? What about your bankroll and your career?