$10.20
      MP2:
      $4.01
      CO:
      $1.58
      BU:
      $10.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 8:club: , K:diamond: , Q:spade: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BB calls $0.36, 3 folds.

Turn: ($1.22) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.87, BB calls $0.87.

River: ($2.96) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.41, Hero calls $1.41.

Final Pot: $5.78

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (4d Qd)
      BB shows two pairs, kings and queens (Qh Kc)

BB wins with two pairs, kings and queens (Qh Kc)

Should I even limp SB with this kind of hand or is that an auto fold? I didn't have any stats but considering his check I put him on the 8. How should this have been played, by not playing in the first place?

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just fold Q4s from the SB. I would stick around if some of the players were really bad, but with 2 shortstack, a guy who appears to be a tag and another on whom we only have 6 hands it's probably not worth it, unless maybe you've already seen BU be quite spewy in his first 6 hands.

On the flop i'm not betting, 2PNK is just garbage 5-way most of the time, especially being completely out of position. If somebody calls your bet, you're beat very often, and even if they call with a draw and position on you, you can't continue to bet 2PNK, so they'll be able to take you off your hand later on.

As played when he calls the flop you're already beat most of the time, no sense in betting again, just check/fold. Calling the river is also spew, most people will never bet worse there, and even when they do, they bet a lot more Kx hands than worse hands, which makes a call unprofitable anyway.

Hope it helps.