[NL2-NL10] Nl 5, Kk

• Dandiiik
      Dandiiik
      Bronze
      Pls tell me, what should I do in this situation? This has happened to me 3 times in one session. KK with an ace on the flop. And I couldnt make them fold so I folded. But I can feel its not a good decision. Pls could you help me with this situation? thx

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $5.35
      MP2:
      $6.15
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $1.88
      BU:
      $1.70
      SB:
      $5.37
      BB:
      $6.94
      UTG2(Hero):
      $5.61

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.16, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.16, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 4, A, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.27, MP2 calls $0.27.

Turn: ($0.92) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.28, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.92.
  • 3 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      That tiny bet on the turn probably warrants a call in my opinion, and re-evaluate the river. Folding to a bet that size is definitely weak. Most of the time when they bet that small means they have nothing, it also means he's a bad player.

If a blank river comes I will call a check and call a bet less than half the pot, and expect to be good 1/2 times.
    • Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      I would say he had TPWK. In NL5 it's very often that they will have Ax and just cold call you all the way. I don't think I would be calling against an unknown player
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by michaelqian
      That tiny bet on the turn probably warrants a call in my opinion, and re-evaluate the river. Folding to a bet that size is definitely weak. Most of the time when they bet that small means they have nothing, it also means he's a bad player.

If a blank river comes I will call a check and call a bet less than half the pot, and expect to be good 1/2 times.

Agreed on the turn i'm not folding getting nearly 5:1, tho i'm not sure i'm calling another river bet it depends on the player. Bad players play way too much Ax hands to begin with, so they do have that top pair a good chunk of the time and there is really no telling how often they're bluffing with the rest of their hands without some kind of read on the villains.

Hope it helps.