$5.54
      UTG2:
      $1.07
      MP1:
      $6.84
      MP2:
      $3.53

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 8.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.32) 8, J, 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.62) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.59, Hero raises to $1.18, SB calls $0.59.

River: ($2.98) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.42, Hero raises to $3.77, SB calls $2.35.

Final Pot: $10.52.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, eights and sevens(7d 8d).
      SB shows two pairs, jacks and eights(Js 8s).

SB wins with two pairs, jacks and eights(Js 8s).
  • 3 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Why raise the river? If Villain calls turn raise AND bets again on the river, he is showing some serious strength. I doubt anyone would play that way with only 1 pair unless it's a retard overplaying overpair. I'd expect to see alot of 2 pair and set combos here. I'll either call or fold the river, probably leaning towards folding. Btw, which stats did you post? I only see 2.
    • Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      I figured if he had a set or a 2pair he would have 3bet on the turn. Moreover he raised PF so I figured he had Ax, AJ at this time. I sensed weakness on the river as he only bet 1/2 pot, so I tried to get max value if he had AJ, although I agree that I should have played more passive against player with only 40 hands.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

So villain seems to like calling, but he's not betting/raising that much himself. If i raise the turn i'm raising to 3x intending on calling a shove, however on J87 a turn raise looks tends to look so strong we might even get stuff like QJ/KJ to fold and we're not so likely to get shoved on by worse hands either, so overall i don't like this line so much when SB bets pot a 2nd time as he might not even take that line with marginal top pairs.

I'd probably just call the turn to let him continue to valuebet overpairs/Jx, if he doesn't bet the river i'll bet it for him, expecting him to check/call a decent bet with these almost always.

As played on the river like buhhy said the raise is really unnecessary, i'd likely still call in case he's just stubborn with an overpair or Jx, but i'm not happy about it.

Hope it helps.