• 23 replies
    • Eco024
      Eco024
      Bronze
      Yes it does, congratulations!
    • Janczarek88
      Janczarek88
      Bronze
      Have you created account from the link there? Or they added your account to the prokerstartegy affiliate?
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Janczarek88
      Have you created account from the link there? Or they added your account to the prokerstartegy affiliate?
      I have no idea, but the account is very very old .. So this must be an effort from either pokerstrategy or pokerstars .. It was a long time ago that I tried to retrack but everyone said it was not possible .. It would be really great as I was already OK with the thought that I will be brozne forever :D
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      WTF... how cool is that!?!

I launched P*s software immediately, but no such luck. Have you been playing P*s regularly, or not at all?

*EDIT: BTW, how old is old.. mine was opened in July 08 so not overly old, but still a while ago.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      wow! It really looks like they're allowing it to you if it appeared while Lobby started... Hope it will work for you!

keep us informed please ;)
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      My account is tracked but sometimes when I login due to the lag, it opens up about 5 of those information sharing disclaimers automatically. I think its a bug. Im assuming this happened to OPs account after he hadnt logged in for a while. I highly doubt Stars are just allowing people to retrack.

Remember you have to enter a marketing code if you want to be tracked to an affiliate. So if Stars were handing out retracks, how would they know you are with PS?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Yeah. makes sense, but let's hope ;)
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      @Joronamo
      Well I do not know how could they know that I was with PokerStrategy, but it states in the screenshot I posted that it is PokerStrategy for whom the info is shared and that it is for collecting strategy points .. I have my account name in the list of poker rooms hereon pokerstrategy and there were multiple tries from me to get retracked, so maybe they have done something with it ;)

@Waiboy
      I play at PokerStars daily from like 8th January 2010 and also have been playing quite a lot in October 2009 (but definitely did not happed when "opening after some time" as these days I have it open basically all the time)

@Janczarek
      I do not know, I definitely did not use the bonus code as I had this account before even knowing PokerStrategy.com

@Opal
      Definitely hoping to get some strategy points ;) I will keep you updated
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      My account is tracked but sometimes when I login due to the lag, it opens up about 5 of those information sharing disclaimers automatically. I think its a bug. Im assuming this happened to OPs account after he hadnt logged in for a while. I highly doubt Stars are just allowing people to retrack.

Remember you have to enter a marketing code if you want to be tracked to an affiliate. So if Stars were handing out retracks, how would they know you are with PS?
      Sounds like a bug is pretty likely, although possibly AC's previous retrack request was kept on file by Pokerstars?

*EDIT - no bug.. Pokerstrategy is specifically mentioned in the message.

I guess if it was initiated by PokerStrategy then an admin will know about it.. although I suspect they'd keep it low key to avoid getting mega uber spammed by retrack requests.

@ AugustusCeasar - have you contacted Pokerstars support to query this at all?

*EDIT #2 - This is like the coolest news I've heard in ages. Man, if I can get retracked to Pokerstars, then I'm getting decent value from two of the big three sites, which I NEVER thought would ever happen.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi guys, looks like they are really retracking, here is the answer from PokerStars support :

Hello,
      Thanks for writing.   I confirm that your account CaesAugustus is affiliated with PokerStrategy by the marketing code pokerstrategy.com-reveng. By agreeing to the information sharing, you are eligible to receive benefits pertaining this affiliation, as described on the PokerStrategy website.   I hope this answers your question, but please let us know if we can help with anything else.   Regards,   Jiri PokerStars Support Team
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      congratulations,
      I guess you will be in diamond soon, no more bronze
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AugustusCaesar
      Hi guys, looks like they are really retracking, here is the answer from PokerStars support :

Hello,
      Thanks for writing.   I confirm that your account CaesAugustus is affiliated with PokerStrategy by the marketing code pokerstrategy.com-reveng. By agreeing to the information sharing, you are eligible to receive benefits pertaining this affiliation, as described on the PokerStrategy website.   I hope this answers your question, but please let us know if we can help with anything else.   Regards,   Jiri PokerStars Support Team
      Hi AugustusCaesar,

Could it be that you tried to get re-tracked several months ago when PokerStars was still re-tracking users? For a while they re-tracked accounts that were created before a certain cut off date and you might have mailed them somewhere in that timeframe. If you hadn't logged in since then this would explain why you just found out about it now.

Unfortunately they are currently not re-tracking anymore, so it seems you got lucky ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I dont think so Johannes. He said he played there in October '09 too and if I remeber correctly, PokerStars allowed retracking back in September '08 (+/- 1 month), so it's not that reason probably.

edit: oh I forgot to say: CONGRATS!
      Bronze
      And behold the floodgates spread wide so that the torrent of retrack requests come pouring forth
      backed by the demand for fair and equal treatment!!

On chanted the crowds of the hundreds of thousands of denied request makers

RETRACK RETRACK RETRACK!!!!

This is going to be good.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Just a last update to make it even more true -> I have my first 200 StrategyPoints for 12th January already in my profile, so my status says :

Amount of points needed for next rank (Silver): -138 :D

@Johannes : Yes, I tried it some 1/2 year ago, I do not know what you mean by "several" months , I probably got lucky somehow as you said .. But if it was like Opal said - around september 2008 - I definitely did not write them that time

@Opal : Thanks a lot, I am really happy about it, I love the coachings so I am looking forward to using my new status, hopefully I can make it at least Platinum playing my micro donkaments :D

@8979687 : Thats an epic post .. Sort of reminds me of some Ancient Rome movies :f_love: Hope you will be successfull with retracking as well
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AugustusCaesar
      Just a last update to make it even more true -> I have my first 200 StrategyPoints for 12th January already in my profile, so my status says :

Amount of points needed for next rank (Silver): -138 :D

@Johannes : Yes, I tried it some 1/2 year ago, I do not know what you mean by "several" months , I probably got lucky somehow as you said .. But if it was like Opal said - around september 2008 - I definitely did not write them that time

@Opal : Thanks a lot, I am really happy about it, I love the coachings so I am looking forward to using my new status, hopefully I can make it at least Platinum playing my micro donkaments :D

@8979687 : Thats an epic post .. Sort of reminds me of some Ancient Rome movies :f_love: Hope you will be successfull with retracking as well
      Thanks!! I could not resist doing it.

I tried to stop myself but it did not work!

BTW I am tracked through PokerStars and PokerStrategy.

I just can not wait to see what happens now.......
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Any news? Anybody else try to get retracked with success?

AugustusCaesar - the email you showed by Pokerstars didn't really confirm they are retracking now, could you please show us the email you sent to them first that prompted that reply? Thanks and congrats!
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Had to try, but no luck as of yet!

Unfortunately the partnership between PokerStars and PokerStrategy does not extend to already existing player accounts. We are aware that you already have an account with us prior to the start of this partnership. Thus it is not possible for you to collect points with PokerStrategy.

I ain't giving up just yet! Awaiting a reply to a second email.
    • Renmerb
      Renmerb
      Bronze
      Oh well!

This is what I sent:
      Hello again,
      I understand your stance regarding my request, but I do know of a
      PokerStrategy player who has been successful in having his PokerStars
      account re-tracked to PokerStrategy.com.
      So is there no way of having my account re-tracked? Are there not some
      requirements I could meet in order to have my account re-tracked?

This is what I got back:
      We make some *very rare* exceptions to this, and that is only if the player was directed to us from
      PokerStrategy, and the account is very new. You are right on that point.

That said, there is really no way for your account to be tracked with PokerStrategy. Sorry.

So it appears AugustusCeasar has maybe had some help from PokerStrategy, in getting a "very very old" account re-tracked.

Any chance of helping others get re-tracked??