Question for SnG players

• 18 replies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      30 I don't mass multitable like some players do so that is why the short number. I just 6 table the turbo SnG's in sessions and start an other session when I'm done.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      usually 8 tables, sometimes 10
      Roughly 40-50 a day.

Dont bother mass multitabling unless you are boku87
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adammz
      How many SnG games do you play during your average day? How many SnGs do you have open at one time? Just out of general interest.

Hi , for me its like 22-28 at one time , which makes it possible to play like 40/hour ..
    • adammz
      adammz
      Bronze
      Thanks very much for the replies :D

For the first two Sirilidon and lennonac:
      Is this mainly true for turbo SnG or do you play regular time SnG also?

For Augustus Ceasar: Wow 22-28 at one time seems an awful lot, how on earth do you keep track? ?( Are you being serious? lol
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      sirilidion don t bother to play at all cuz you are a fish calling your hole stack on the bubble from sb with 44 when same stack pushes from dealer and there is a shorty at the table.... you probably know who i am now you fish
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      as for caes augustus he plays many tables but has a small roi
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      20-30. i start with 6 tables and when a sng ends i start a new one . i dont split em in sets . i dont waste time this way when for example 4/6 tables are over and just playing the rest 2 . the only minus with that strat is that u have to adjust the blinds if u have many tables that have started in different times but u get used to that after a while.
    • adammz
      adammz
      Bronze
      Cool, thanks everyone for the feedback (although vladd20 seems to have a problem with someone? lol).

I'm a beginner so a realistic goal to work towards - 3 SnG at once and 20 games per day.

I prefer normal time to turbo and maybe this will take too much time, what do you think?

Thoughts anyone?
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      My advice would be to start small, so 2, maybe 3 is good. If you're interested in adding more tables definately try playing a full day at your next level, so a full day at 3 tables at a time, see if you're comfortable or if you're under pressure. Then just add a new table when you feel ready and if you start to feel the pressure step back down.

Normal/Turbos - it depends upon style. You need plenty of ICM-Trainer/SNG-Wiz review experience for the turbos, esp if you're used to the pace of Normal speed SNGs. I am in the middle of trying to change to Turbo's and have found it really tough, but maybe that's just me.

vladd - what's with the hostility. If a player is on ps.com then it seems that they are at least trying to get better, how do you think your comments facilitate this ??
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze

For Augustus Ceasar: Wow 22-28 at one time seems an awful lot, how on earth do you keep track? ?( Are you being serious? lol
      Hello again, if you consider you play like 10-15% pfr in the early stages that means that you basically play a hand on 2-3 tables at once which is very doable, especially on my limits (I play a lot but micro buyins - $3 or $6) where there is not much actual poker played, the best for that I think is solid ultraTAG .. If you have like 35-40% ITM that means you get to push-fold on like 8-11 tables, which I find pretty comfortable ..

I try to put in as much volume as possible because the variance with turbo SNGs (I only play turbos) is big so the only solution is sample size .. Also I am trying to get at least GoldStar status at PokerStars and for that I need about 1400 SNGs/month ..

Next, I do not think that playing less tables at the micros actually helps ROI that much as most players are just random "lets play cards" people so basic push-fold suggested by SNG Wizard, maybe a bit looser as player call way too tight, is good

@Turbos vs Normal
      Normal speed SNGs are more about playing poker I think as you have at least some time to play, Turbos are more about mastering push-fold .. Normal SNGs have less variance as the push-fold stage that generates most variance begins a lot later .. On the other hand you cannot generate as much volume so the rakeback / FPPs will be much smaller that way

@vladd20
      Sure my ROI is not good enough, thats for 2 reasons -> on $3 there is 13% Rake that has a bad effect on ROI and second I ran terribly when I started with the $6 (you probably checked me on SharkScope -> that is the ~$300 downer) and that downer had a sick effect on my total ROI .. Anyway a slight increase in ROI I may get by playing less tables would have a negative effect on my hourly rate and also a ton of benefits I receive from rakeback, bonuses etc. that require volume .. If you are interested, check my blog, if not, have a nice day anyways ;)
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      i dont have nothing personal with caes augustus i just said he plays a lot rather then trying to improve and has a really small roi he has profit of 400$ in 5000 sng s ...now do you personally think that s good? i just tried to highlight the fact that mass multitabling isn t that good if you are not great...and with sirilidion he made a terrible bad call against me bubbling me out and then he was rude after i told him it s a bad call....so i m beeing rude myself
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      srry for posting your pokerstars name
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vladd20
      i dont have nothing personal with caes augustus i just said he plays a lot rather then trying to improve and has a really small roi he has profit of 400$ in 5000 sng s ...now do you personally think that s good? i just tried to highlight the fact that mass multitabling isn t that good if you are not great...and with sirilidion he made a terrible bad call against me bubbling me out and then he was rude after i told him it s a bad call....so i m beeing rude myself
      Hi again,

1) No problem at all in posting my PokerStars name, I have it in my blog anyway

2) I do not know where did you get 400$ in 5000 SNGs .. SharkScope tells this

3) As I once told you it is much more profitable to do it as I do .. If I wanted to play 6 tables as profitably as I play 24 tables now, I would have to have 32% ROI which is pretty much impossible with 13% rake ST Turbo SNGs .. Sort of easy math, eh ? And I did not include the bonuses which are a big % of my total profits and that I would have 4 times less rakeback that way (check my blog for more info)

I hope this ends here .. Have a nice day :)
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vladd20
      sirilidion don t bother to play at all cuz you are a fish calling your hole stack on the bubble from sb with 44 when same stack pushes from dealer and there is a shorty at the table.... you probably know who i am now you fish
      the move wasn't that bad vlad I had an big stack of around 7,8K and needed to call like 2,7K with still 3 people in the game and blinds 200/400/25. I think you would push pretty loose here considering you're small stack. So considering that I think I usely have a flip there and with the death money in the pot already and the fact that even if I would lose the pot I would still have quite an playable stack.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze

Well I have played a lot of normal SnG's in the past and like there was said there is much more time to play some postflop poker.

... And about vlad he is just mad because he lost a coinflip against me :]
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      hmmm...sirilidion i might have thought you were another guy...your call was marginal but good.... i remember now ...srry... about flaming you, you didn t had a stack that big but we were itm.... i somehow thought we were on the bubble with similar stacks ....i had 2700 on the dealer and you had 5200 in the sb it s ok i think the call
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      see you soon at the tables
    • adammz
      adammz
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone for all the great feedback, I have more of an understanding about SnGs and about the volume of SnGs I can realistically play as a beginner. I can set myself some goals now so cheers.

Vladd - everyone gets angry sometimes lol can't blame you, Bye!