call/raise

• 5 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi there h4n5j03r6 :f_biggrin:

I guess you are referring to the charts? What it means is this:

Eg For the bronze full ring (FR) chart "Actions against callers in front of you - Calling/Raising"

Pairs:

With 1 caller: -/66 = don't call with any poket pair/raise with 66+
      With 2 callers: 55/99 = call with 55+/raise with 99+
      With 3+ callers: 22/JJ = call with 22+/raise with JJ+

Note that when using this chart you need to check whether your hand is in the open raising chart for your position before raising the limpers, so as an example if you held 66 v one limper you need to be in position MP2 or closer to the BU to raise. If you were in UTG - MP1 you would fold your 66 preflop v one limper.

Trust this helps!
    • h4n5j03r6
      h4n5j03r6
      Bronze
      Hi Waiboy,

I fear you missunderstood me. I was thinking of some Pokerplayers at Microstages which call the Big Blind (for example open limp from utg) and then proceed to 3-bet a raise.
      So obviously this is not a good strategy, but I was wondering what this could tell me about their hands.
      I treated this the same way I would handle a 3-bet behind me, that means: cap with very strong hands and call with every other.

Thanks!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Ahh, in that case... it depends.

From tight, nitty passive players it can mean AA/KK/AK.

From most others it can mean I have two cards - mid pocket pairs+ through to AJs+ aren't uncommon.

Note it if you see it.. if someone does it relatively frequently then assume it is what it looks like, a semi bluff or a monster and play your hand as you would normally v this sort of range.
    • Divinek
      Divinek
      Bronze
      what it tells you is you should hope they go to showdown so you can see what they do it with, cause it could be quite a large range depending on the people. At least in my experience
    • ClownTackler
      ClownTackler
      Bronze
      It always means that you're up against a player who is not really familiar about FL play concepts, regardless of their holding.

In such situation you can be against anything: badly played AA-KK... (a good player will never limp with a strong hand, especially on micro limits) or, maybe, a tilted player who thinks something like: "damn, why do i always get raised when i decide to play... ok... let's rock then". :) So, whatever... you can never know against what range you're playing, but you will always know that you're against a weak player.

That's my opinion, of course. :)