Stack
      SB:
      $2,00
      UTG1:
      $10,05
      Hero:
      $5,07

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0,05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,23, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,80) 6:heart: , J:spade: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $1,75 (All-In), UTG1 raises to $9,80 (All-In), Hero calls $4,82 (All-In), UTG1 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($12,19) 4:heart:
      River: ($12,19) 8:heart: (3 players)

Final Pot: $12,19

Is this a good call with a shove and an overshove?
  • 2 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I wouldn't say that's an over shove, it's more like a standard raise, because you only have half his stack and a normal raise would have put you all in anyway.

SB is probably a bad player, since he plays with a halfstack and his stats is pretty loose passive. I wouldn't worry about him and expect him to show up some random trash or Jx hands very often.

UTG1 looks strong due to the following

- his stats, fairly tight and nitty, but although may not be too accurate due to only 86 hands, but I would still give him some credit.

- He limp called preflop, then shoves the flop given the opportunity provided by SB, this is highly indicative of a set.

Since you've only invested 5BB into the pot, I will probably fold my KK in this case, due to the fact that I think it's extremely likely UTG1 has a set.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by michaelqian
      I wouldn't say that's an over shove, it's more like a standard raise, because you only have half his stack and a normal raise would have put you all in anyway.

SB is probably a bad player, since he plays with a halfstack and his stats is pretty loose passive. I wouldn't worry about him and expect him to show up some random trash or Jx hands very often.

UTG1 looks strong due to the following

- his stats, fairly tight and nitty, but although may not be too accurate due to only 86 hands, but I would still give him some credit.

- He limp called preflop, then shoves the flop given the opportunity provided by SB, this is highly indicative of a set.

Since you've only invested 5BB into the pot, I will probably fold my KK in this case, due to the fact that I think it's extremely likely UTG1 has a set.
      I don't think calling it off is ever that bad at nl5, but i'd probably fold it too more often than not. UTG1 most likely would have just called with Jx if he had that. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that i think he can play QQ like that too, but if that's the case chances are he'll show up with AA too some of the time, so it balances out somewhat.

Hope it helps.