[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR KK Odd Line to get value from Weaker Pairs?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $53.94
      BB: $67.57
      UTG: $26.25
      UTG+1: $72.61
      MP1: $51.62
      MP2: $40.22
      CO: $56.43
      BTN: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K :club: K :diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, CO calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.00) 2 :heart: Q :diamond: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.75, CO calls $4.75

Turn: ($18.50) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($18.50) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.00, CO raises to $22, Hero ??????

Villain is 26/14 on 95 hands but at the time I had very little info on him and thought he was kind of tight. 0.9 AF.

My thinking here is that If I bet 3 streets I'm not getting value out of the hands I want. If I check turn and let him bet all his Pair type hands, floats and draws I can check river safe in the knowledge that a guy this passive is likely only betting again with flopped set or AA. (possibly levelling myself?)

Now If he checks back turn I can safely make a smallish value-bet to get value out of AQ, JJ that thinks I have AK sometimes TT and maybe even more random PP's that want to look me up. Unfortunately the river was a J which pisses on my fire a little bit but I decide to follow through with the plan to try and get some loose calls.

His raise makes me think JJ but I have also seen some other fish take this line with a flopped or even turned set So that might be possible as well, I doubt someone this passive if raising river here with just TPTK or a worse hand than mine.

Ok thats my overall thoughts, maybe I should have tried to be a bit more standard in this hand?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would bet 7$ on the flop, 2/3 pot on the river and then decide if I want to shove or c/c
      It depends if player is going to call 3 streets with Qx or not
      I think a lot of times players check back and since boar dis a little drawy you should bet again for value and protection
      As played: call river
      If you take that strange line, you can´t be sure that player isnt raising missed draws or just AQ for value
      You don´t have to be good very often to make correct call in huge pot