This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR KK Odd Line to get value from Weaker Pairs?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $53.94
      BB: $67.57
      UTG: $26.25
      UTG+1: $72.61
      MP1: $51.62
      MP2: $40.22
      CO: $56.43
      BTN: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K :club: K :diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, CO calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.00) 2 :heart: Q :diamond: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.75, CO calls $4.75

Turn: ($18.50) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($18.50) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.00, CO raises to $22, Hero ??????

Villain is 26/14 on 95 hands but at the time I had very little info on him and thought he was kind of tight. 0.9 AF.

My thinking here is that If I bet 3 streets I'm not getting value out of the hands I want. If I check turn and let him bet all his Pair type hands, floats and draws I can check river safe in the knowledge that a guy this passive is likely only betting again with flopped set or AA. (possibly levelling myself?)

Now If he checks back turn I can safely make a smallish value-bet to get value out of AQ, JJ that thinks I have AK sometimes TT and maybe even more random PP's that want to look me up. Unfortunately the river was a J which pisses on my fire a little bit but I decide to follow through with the plan to try and get some loose calls.

His raise makes me think JJ but I have also seen some other fish take this line with a flopped or even turned set So that might be possible as well, I doubt someone this passive if raising river here with just TPTK or a worse hand than mine.

Ok thats my overall thoughts, maybe I should have tried to be a bit more standard in this hand?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would bet 7$ on the flop, 2/3 pot on the river and then decide if I want to shove or c/c
      It depends if player is going to call 3 streets with Qx or not
      I think a lot of times players check back and since boar dis a little drawy you should bet again for value and protection
      As played: call river
      If you take that strange line, you can´t be sure that player isnt raising missed draws or just AQ for value
      You don´t have to be good very often to make correct call in huge pot