Targets quest to pro poker

• Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      So I woke up 1 holiday afternoon after recovering from my new years hangover weeks after deciding not to go back to college because I hate it and have the attention span of a walnut. Any job I could get id make less then 90 bucks a day after taxes. So it was pretty logical of me to try to play poker professionally when Ive made 200 bucks on good days sitting on my ass. I had about 200 bucks left on party poker after an attempt at nl 200 =] and downswings at nl25 which was over my br anyway. I think my prime br was 600 maybe more. Got my 50$ into party poker where I sadly still am. grindid playin ss at first. Hated it went back to bss obviously after my ss upwing stoped givin me about 180 with or without bonus cant remember.

So I started my 200$ less then 2 weeks ago in nl25 obviously ;p which worked out because in 2 days I was roled for 18 tables which is max on ps.
      I play 18 tabled bss and headsup vs any fr donk that wants to go which has been quite profitable. So far my br's peak has been 1100$. That was 2 days ago had a downswing since but I got 2 100$ bonus during it so that helped. Thats about 16% rakeback with my party pionts.

I have been playing alot of hands some would say a crazy amount at about 10k+ a day on average but doesint seem to much for me for a fun fulltime job and I certainly dont have to travel to work and that saves time too. The 18 tables is very easy to me after years of Brood war and I wish party poker would let you play more I certainly would. Theres a nice promo at partypoker called raid the cash machine which at the end of the month you get money for your tenth lowest day in pionts earned. Im lookin at about 400$ from the promotion which will be a nice reward.

Was makin about 100$ a day on average before my latest downswing which is decent and im only getting better . Sorry for any fragmented sentences I was obviously 18 tables of poker while I wrote this ;p

graphs to come maybe elephant is pretty buggy and loses alot of hands =[

oh im also 3 days or less from being diamond and ranked 25th in january for ps english players ya~
  • 4 replies
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      You might want to switch platform, I think party is awful choice- either full tilt or pokerstars should be better for you, although their bonus system are on par with Party's. I think Full Tilt generally has softer games, but they have 16 table limit. Pokerstars have tougher games but 24-table limit. Ipoker would still give you very good returns even though they made their vip system bit worse for full ringers. It is just a matter of whether you can stand the software. I think you still get at least 50% there. With Cake you can get like 60-70% rb full ring, the game quality just isn't very good.

Anyways, gl.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Yes at the end of the month ill seriously consider moving but ive never withdraw/deposited ever so it seems like so annoyin
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Every time you started talking about your bankroll going down you always used the word "downswing" how can you be sure it is a downswing and not leaks that you haven't filled, bad play, ect?
      But this looks interesting, this year everyone seems to want to go "pro" looks like the tables are going to be getting tougher and tougher.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Moving money is easy, just use your Visa card or Moneybookers.