$56.25
      BB:
      $59.20
      MP3:
      $12.05
      CO(Hero):
      $51.85

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BU raises to $4.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.75) 6, T, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.50,

Villain is a 14/10 with 8.3% 3-bet over 30 hands.

I'm so unsure of how to play in 3-bet pots. I assume I should just c/f here and wait for a better board, like the nut flush or a TPTK or something like that. Do I have any options in this particular hand apart from folding?
  • 8 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Fold preflop, calling any raise out of position is always a bad idea. Look at this hand from villains perspective - he is in a perfect spot. He has far more information about your hand than you have about his. He has position on you, he has initiative and can often take it down with a continuation bet. You have put your opponent in the spot you should be trying to put yourself into.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      3-bet range of his does not give any information to us. In such a small amount of hands.

I really hate when villian 3 bets on my AQ. Only reads and probably A can help us:)

I really took in consideration villians 3bet range. And if 3 bet range is 3 or less i am folding those hands OOP for sure.
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Him 3-betting in the BTN vs me in the CO is indeed a good spot for him. But doesn't folding AQ here seem a bit too weak? I mean that would equal folding such a huge part of my range. I don't think too many people would exploit this at these stakes, but still, AQ is a pretty strong hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      call pf is fine, if player is 3-betting with 8,3%, against some aggressive players you can even 4-bet and call shove with AQ
      I´d float this board, since if he has random air, AK or smt like 88 then it is very reasonable that he´d either c/c or c/f turn and then after c/c would c/f close to 90% after you shove river
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Villain is a 14/10 with 8.3% 3-bet over 30 hands.

but we have only 30 hands. We really dont know about his 3 bet range after 30 hands.
    • ccookie
      ccookie
      Bronze
      with all due respect to Kaitz20, his analysis assumes we have position. As we don't, it's much better to fold pre. As played, fold flop - we cannot float oop effectively. Villain can 2nd bullet with AQ, AK, or weak made hands for value (as our play hints a draw). Also we have just 3 outs to nuts and terrible reverse implied if we hit Kd / any Q or A.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ccookie
      with all due respect to Kaitz20, his analysis assumes we have position. As we don't, it's much better to fold pre. As played, fold flop - we cannot float oop effectively. Villain can 2nd bullet with AQ, AK, or weak made hands for value (as our play hints a draw). Also we have just 3 outs to nuts and terrible reverse implied if we hit Kd / any Q or A.
      yes, my mistake.
      I thought we were ip.
      oop I´d likely would just either fold or turn my hand into bluff and 4-bet pf.
      If player is really 3-bet happy then call is not terrbile pf, since we´re often dominate his range, Axs hands, QJ+, KJs+, so if we hit top pair, we have easy decision going all-in postflop.
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Since he was an unknown I agree with you all, 4-bet bluff or folding pre do seem to be the better alternatives here. It's really hard to do anything else than burning money post-flop in this scenario... Thanks!