UTG: $31.35
      UTG+1: $25.70
      MP1: $25.95
      Hero (MP2): $50.33
      CO: $57.79
      BTN: $54.52
      SB: $20.10

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP2 with 9 :club: 9 :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, BTN raises to $2.90, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.05

Flop: ($6.15) 4 :diamond: 9 :heart: 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.00, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($14.15) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero ??????

Villain is 24/20 with 4.3AF on 218 hands.

I hit top Set on Rainbow which is perfect, I think a Check/Raise here is too transparent and gives away my hand strength due to the lack of draws. My Question is what to do on turn and river, again C/R turn looks strong and I think that a hand that would call a Check/Raise on turn would likely bet river again itself anyway so I don't think I have much to lose by playing Check/Call turn and Check/Shove river, That even allows him to fire a 3rd barrel on the river with AK if he's feeling stupid :p

Another thought is Check/Call turn and 1/3 to 1/2 pot bet river to get extra value out of JJ and QQ which would not bet again river or call a large bet in that spot. However KK and AA might just call that river bet and not shove so I'd get reduced value from those two hands.

What do you guys think? Am I thinking along the wrong lines of how to extract max value?
  • 2 replies
    • donmac
      donmac
      Silver
      at first i would not check, but bet on flop 4$. It look like the villain have JJ-AA and i think he is ready to go for all stack with such flop.

Now for yuor situation. i would bet 6-8$ on turn. If villain have JJ-AA i think he would raise (and there we have good opportunity to go all stack) and if villain have nothing it seems that he would not bet or call on the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would c/r flop
      It is very hard to bet/fold overpair in 3-bet pot, so likely he´d b/c flop, call 1/2 pot on the turn and then decide if he wants to call river shove
      as played check/raise turn. you want to get all the money in the pot and only way to do that is c/r at some point
      Again since board is drawy don´t think he would necessary b/f there overpairs
      and you should also protect your hand against flushdraws