This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR 45s Owned myself by thinking too much!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $45.55
      Hero (BB): $51.41
      UTG: $11.05
      UTG+1: $77.28
      UTG+2: $25.00
      MP1: $28.65
      MP2: $46.31
      CO: $19.15
      BTN: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 4 :spade: 5 :spade:
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.00) J :heart: J :spade: 2 :spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $1.00, SB calls $1, Hero calls $1, MP2 folds

Turn: ($4.00) 7 :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($4.00) 3 :spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero folds, CO folds

CO is 25/3 on 33 hands, 2,0AF. SB is 22/7 with 2.1 AF.

I have thought a lot about this and have come to the conclusion I should Bet/Fold turn mini-bet/Fold Blank river. I will try to explain why.

When I played this hand I wanted value from Good Hands that would bet turn but if I bet here my hand looks like a flush and I thought I would be in a tricky spot IF I got raised which I could imagine one of these villains doing with a 1 Card FD. I decided if CO has Jx my best line to get value from him would be to Check/Call turn and 1/2potbet/fold river and I could get out of the hand if SB shoved after CO bets.

However, Check/Calling or Check/Raising turn just presents me with too many problems, tricky spots and overreps my hand, but by bet/folding turn mini-bet/folding river I get value out of 1-Card FD's Jx will be scared to Raise me but won't resist calling so I don't need to be afraid of folding the best hand and I know exactly where I stand.

Agree with my eventual conclusion?
  • 2 replies
    • donmac
      donmac
      Bronze
      In this situation i would check/bet on the flop (as You did). On the turn i would bet 3/4 of pot to clear out the situation. If one of opponents had J - i would get just call from his side. And if one of opponents would had flush - the pot would be raised from his side. One more thing why to bet on the turn - one of opponents may have spide on hands and we have weak flush on hands, so there is no reason to give free card for opponents. On the river i probably play c/c.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      lead out flop, no need to c/c oop with bad flushdraw
      b/f turn is likely on, although if he min-raises or raises small then I tend to call and decide river, since he can easily raise turn Jx with flushdraw
      you´re pot against 3 other players, so it is very reasonable that someone holds flush, so i think c/f is better than min-bet that looks weak and could induce raise from worse hands