[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR 45s Owned myself by thinking too much!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $45.55
      Hero (BB): $51.41
      UTG: $11.05
      UTG+1: $77.28
      UTG+2: $25.00
      MP1: $28.65
      MP2: $46.31
      CO: $19.15
      BTN: $25.00

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 4 :spade: 5 :spade:
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.00) J :heart: J :spade: 2 :spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $1.00, SB calls $1, Hero calls $1, MP2 folds

Turn: ($4.00) 7 :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($4.00) 3 :spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $2.00, Hero folds, CO folds

CO is 25/3 on 33 hands, 2,0AF. SB is 22/7 with 2.1 AF.

I have thought a lot about this and have come to the conclusion I should Bet/Fold turn mini-bet/Fold Blank river. I will try to explain why.

When I played this hand I wanted value from Good Hands that would bet turn but if I bet here my hand looks like a flush and I thought I would be in a tricky spot IF I got raised which I could imagine one of these villains doing with a 1 Card FD. I decided if CO has Jx my best line to get value from him would be to Check/Call turn and 1/2potbet/fold river and I could get out of the hand if SB shoved after CO bets.

However, Check/Calling or Check/Raising turn just presents me with too many problems, tricky spots and overreps my hand, but by bet/folding turn mini-bet/folding river I get value out of 1-Card FD's Jx will be scared to Raise me but won't resist calling so I don't need to be afraid of folding the best hand and I know exactly where I stand.

Agree with my eventual conclusion?
  • 2 replies
    • donmac
      donmac
      Silver
      In this situation i would check/bet on the flop (as You did). On the turn i would bet 3/4 of pot to clear out the situation. If one of opponents had J - i would get just call from his side. And if one of opponents would had flush - the pot would be raised from his side. One more thing why to bet on the turn - one of opponents may have spide on hands and we have weak flush on hands, so there is no reason to give free card for opponents. On the river i probably play c/c.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      lead out flop, no need to c/c oop with bad flushdraw
      b/f turn is likely on, although if he min-raises or raises small then I tend to call and decide river, since he can easily raise turn Jx with flushdraw
      you´re pot against 3 other players, so it is very reasonable that someone holds flush, so i think c/f is better than min-bet that looks weak and could induce raise from worse hands