5 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($47)
      Hero ($158.85)
      BTN ($60.50)
      SB ($50)
      BB ($49.25)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is CO 10:diamond: 10:spade:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN folds, SB folds, BB raises to $4, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: 4:spade: Q:club: 9:diamond: ($8.25, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: J:spade: ($8.25, 2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: 10:heart: ($12.25, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7.50, BB calls $7.50

Villain unknown
      I think its ok to just call this min3bet ip preflop.
      Would you play differently post flop?
  • 5 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      preflop I would reraise to at least $10, he is likely defending his blind with worse hands
      As played I would definitely bet flop as he looks to have given up the hand after an unsuccessful resteal attempt
      Also raise turn, he is trying to steal the pot there
      river is scary - now any 8, J, Q or K has you beat. Maybe take the free showdown.
    • mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Silver
      Originally posted by delete461
      preflop I would reraise to at least $10, he is likely defending his blind with worse hands
      As played I would definitely bet flop as he looks to have given up the hand after an unsuccessful resteal attempt
      Also raise turn, he is trying to steal the pot there
      river is scary - now any 8, J, Q or K has you beat. Maybe take the free showdown.
      Preflop: i like to know my opponent better before i go broke with TT preflop.
      On the flop it was weird that he didint cbet here, im not shure what i acomplish by betting here. I think it WA-WB.
      I dont raise turn becouse im not shure if i want to face shove here.
      And on the river K and 8 yes im beat against, but not against J or Q. And i think he must bet his rivered str8 after i shoving so much agression.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Yeah you beat Q or J lol sorry. I still think his play on flop and turn shows great weakness after he tried to defend his blind though.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I am not 4 betting here also.

Also i think line of viewing showdown as cheap as possible is ok.

If he is not capable of bluffing also river bet is not as bad as it may seen at first look. You have easy fold if he raise and you may also be called with worse hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      depends on the player.
      Against some you can 4-bet with TT and call shove, since they have very wide shoving and 3-betting range
      Against unknown call is better.
      Since I doubt you get c/r bluffed this board I think b/f flop for half potsize is better than check back
      call turn is ok, not sure if you should bet river or if you bet then 5$ is better amount than 7.5$, since it is really hard him to call without straight.