[NL2-NL10] NL100 KQo

• taifoon
      taifoon
      Bronze
      Hello,

yesterday i had hard decision on one hand.

Hero 20$
      BB 99$

Hero KQo BU.

All folds, Hero rizes 3$, SB fold, BB rizes to 10$, Hero??

everything whould be prety easy, but BB stats:

808 hands. 15/10. Fold to steel 68%, call 11%, 3bet steel 21%.
      Mine Atempt to steel ~21%.

Should i easy fold, or KQ vs his 3bet on steel range stands nice?
  • 6 replies
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      Tough one.

I would go all-in paying as well for an information.
    • taifoon
      taifoon
      Bronze
      If i put KQo to Equilator vs 21% KQo Equity is ~46%. so i have to put 17$ for 37$ pot, right ? so its almost ~0 EV?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey taifoon,

I would go broke with KQo here. You most likely have enough equity with KQ against his range(it matters on which hands he calls and which he 3-bets) and you also get information about him. Besides, aggressive player like him can easily 3-bet you here with hands you dominate with KQ like QJ, KT etc.

One more thing, if you go broke looser he will resteal you less often.

And one question you have to ask yourself is what's your fold to resteal, because the higher it is the looser thinking tags will resteal you thus you have to go broke looser. E.g. if you have 60+% fold to resteal they can resteal profitably almost any suited cards against you and many non dominated offsuited hands.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      A resteal of 21% does not mean he resteals with Top 21% range nor a mix of Junk/Top!

Since you got 210 hands on him, I am pretty sure variance plays a role here so you can look up the number between brackets after a certain stats to see how many samples you have currently for restealing.

That said, you have to take more info in consideration to compensate for possible biased decision based on an invalid stat.

But I lean here towards shoving for getting a read. If you don't take notes, please do since it makes life easier

- Gerv
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      3bet resteal of 21% in BB is an auto push for me with KQo if im happy its a good sample size. 21% resteal is way out of proportion and pretty much means his resteals are mostly situational based. he resteals weak villans who will fold easy, probably based on a high fold to 3bet stat.
    • taifoon
      taifoon
      Bronze
      Gerv, not 210 hands but 808.

Also, ~4minutes before on other table he did the same, i had i think 77 ant he raized the same, to 10$, i folded. so this time i shoved :) just was thinking good or bad.