Visa to the united states

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      A friend called me from the states 2 days ago inviting me to catch up and he told me that he is getting married in 15 days. i jokingly said that tickets will be too expensive now and he offered to pay my tickets if i said yes.

so i did only to find out that I have to wait 10+ days for a visa to be issued PLUS any time taken to do administrative processing. I had to discover that after waiting on the phone for 10 minutes listening to useless information on a PREMIUM number (£1.20/pm).

There is a visa waiver program in which if you are from certain countries you dont need a visa for up to a 90 day stay. But not if you have a Greek passport. Would have been ok if i were from the United Kingdom, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland , the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Solvakia and the Republic of Korea.

But i have to be Greek. A probable security threat.

This is gayer than Elton John and Boy George watching sex and the city with a tub of low fat ice cream.

/rant
  • 7 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo

This is gayer than Elton John and Boy George watching sex and the city with a tub of low fat ice cream.

/rant
      wow. I wanted to say something to the topic, but then.. wow.
    • JazzyJasper
      JazzyJasper
      Bronze
      mental picture :f_eek:
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JazzyJasper
      mental picture :f_eek:
      dammit... why'd you say that?

It sucks, in general getting into the USA is a pain... I have a UK passport but managed to get my visa waiver revoked :f_biggrin: gl
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      There must be a way of speeding up the process.. obviously it will cost, but there must be an emergency visa option somehow, somewhere for, well, emergencies.

Alternatively, how long does it take to get citizenship of Andorra?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      There must be a way of speeding up the process.. obviously it will cost, but there must be an emergency visa option somehow, somewhere for, well, emergencies.
      I had forgotten about this, but when I got my tourist visa, there was a mention of emergency visas.. have a look on the US embassy website. good luck

:heart: the Elton John quote btw ^^
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      I don't know why it takes that long to get a visa.. Check at your local embassy, maybe the line to the interview is not that long.. ( I had to register online, fill 2 forms, bring 1 photo, and got my visa the next day after the interview). Well, but I am from the country which can travel with visa waiver program, so maybe the number of people applying for the visa is low..
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      no way for me to get it in time, although my friends fiancee has a relative who is a former diplomat so there is stilla remote chance of that happening, although the guy was a republican and.. well.. the lady tha believes that dinosaurs were around 4.000 years ago is not a vice president is she.

Soy, too much? :P