Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $29.84
      Hero:
      $35.73

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.60) K:heart: , 4:heart: , K:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.60) 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.25, Hero raises to $3.50, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Qs Qc)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and queens (Qs Qc)

I was initally pleased with my play in this hand but the more i think about it the worse i think i played.

My reason for playing the way i did is that the villain didn't fold to c-bets so i checked the flop with the intention to raise the turn. Which is what happened but did i just turn my hand into a bluff when it had some showdown value??
  • 2 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      You should nearly always c-bet a paired board, even if he called your c-bet he probably wouldnt lead the turn without a K.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      check behind is not terrible, since you could induce bluffs from worse hands that might have folded to your c-bet
      I think your turn raise is cool, although standard line is call turn and then call river blank, hoping that player is bluffing
      But since you can easily fold if he 3-bets and if you´re behind then you only have 2 outs, then at this case I like turn raise for free showdown,s ince he can easily b/c with A high flushdraw or some other hand, like 99 with 9 high flushdraw, thinking you´re bluffing there