This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Fr Qq

• jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $29.84
      Hero:
      $35.73

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.60) K:heart: , 4:heart: , K:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.60) 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.25, Hero raises to $3.50, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.10

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Qs Qc)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and queens (Qs Qc)

I was initally pleased with my play in this hand but the more i think about it the worse i think i played.

My reason for playing the way i did is that the villain didn't fold to c-bets so i checked the flop with the intention to raise the turn. Which is what happened but did i just turn my hand into a bluff when it had some showdown value??
  • 2 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      You should nearly always c-bet a paired board, even if he called your c-bet he probably wouldnt lead the turn without a K.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      check behind is not terrible, since you could induce bluffs from worse hands that might have folded to your c-bet
      I think your turn raise is cool, although standard line is call turn and then call river blank, hoping that player is bluffing
      But since you can easily fold if he 3-bets and if you´re behind then you only have 2 outs, then at this case I like turn raise for free showdown,s ince he can easily b/c with A high flushdraw or some other hand, like 99 with 9 high flushdraw, thinking you´re bluffing there