[NL2-NL10] Nl5 1010

• Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      I probably should have been more aggressive and raise flop/turn to see where I stand, but was trying to play for pot control in case of bigger pockets, but more I look at this, more I see a lot of missed value.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $18.66
      Hero:
      $5.97

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with T:heart: , T:spade:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 5 folds, SB calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.36) 4:diamond: , 4:heart: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.17, Hero calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.70) 6:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.33, Hero calls $0.33.

River: ($1.36) 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.73, Hero calls $0.73.

Final Pot: $2.82

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, fours full of tens (Th Ts)
      SB shows a full-house, fours full of nines (Ac 9c)

Hero wins with a full-house, fours full of tens (Th Ts)
  • 2 replies
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      You shouldn't think about bigger pairs on the flop... He's calling your raise so he shouldn't have big pairs. I'd raise the flop and wouldn't be sorry if the opponent folded. If calls reevaluate on the turn. Since board has two suited on the turn and you have relatively big hand... I'd be ready to go broke on the turn... Be more aggressive, why are you calling on the river. Because of over pairs ?? That's highly improbable.. Although flop seems to be wet it is not. Board is paired, and only flush draw is possible. Raise on the flop...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

While i would totally rule out the possibility of him having an overpair since he's most likely close to never 3-betting preflop, i still think that when he leads out kinda weak like that you're better off raising the flop and going with your hand against such a loose players, he has tons of 9x hands and diamonds in his range, maybe even worse pocket pairs he's spazzing with.

Hope it helps.