This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL A5s failed bluff

• Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      Don't ask why I didn't c-bet and what I was doing here, just had feeling he had marginal hand. What should be the play on the river with no showdown value? Was I right to give it up?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $6.09
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:heart: , A:heart:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.38) 7:diamond: , 2:club: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.38) T:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.27, MP3 raises to $0.54, Hero raises to $0.99, MP3 calls $0.45.

River: ($2.36) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.36

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with queen kicker (5h Ah)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, tens (Tc Th)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, tens (Tc Th)
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well it's pretty much tied to your turn play so only you know. If you end up 3bet bluffing a calling station to begin with, you should be fairly sure you can take him off something and know in how many bets. If you end up in a spot where you have no idea what you're doing, check/folding to avoid compounding mistakes is usually the safe way.

Hope it helps.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      C-bet flop, c/f turn.
      And if you're going to 3-bet the turn, you're obviously trying to bluff him off the hand, so why check the river!?

This play is absoloute donk IMO.