[NL2-NL10] NL KQs

• Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      I don't like this calling thing. How should I have played it? Perhaps r/f flop?
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.85
      MP2:
      $4.87

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , K:club:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.16, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.34) 4:club: , T:heart: , K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.82) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.57, Hero calls $0.57.

River: ($1.96) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

Final Pot: $4.76

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Qc Kc)
      MP2 shows a pair of aces (Ad Ac)

MP2 wins with a pair of aces (Ad Ac)
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think this is a fold on the turn. I don't think there are many hands which you beat (if any) which are going to be 2nd barreling. Maybe AhQh but I think they check behind with this often. And then I think the rest of their betting range is beating you hugely.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Could raise p/f with this, and i agree with amp, fold the turn. You could raise the flop due to the ammount of draws what could be out there (flush/straight draws) otherwise you have to fold the turn.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Do not 3-bet KQs against a 12/6 BBvsMP2 preflop, in fact if you don't like calling you should just outright fold.

Check/raise/folding the flop against a 12/6 is horrible imo, he'll usually play straightforward enough on later streets making check/calling better.

The turn should be a check/call against most people tags, tho if you don't think he shows up with KJ/QJ/hearts often enough check/folding is fine against a tight player, which he is.

River is a definite fold, you're not even sure that guy barrels draws on the turn and he has few of those already in his range when he raises preflop from MP2, so for him to be betting that river while you're ahead you need to put him on pure air a lot. You shouldn't. He's not bluffing there often enough.

Hope it helps.