[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Aa

• amplifyd
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 2 folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.27) 6, 7, 2 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, MP2 calls $0.19, BU folds.

Turn: ($0.65) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36.

River: ($1.37) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

Final Pot: $2.97.

Villian is 47/0 ~18 hands. I checked the turn because I had been involved in HU pots with villian twice now - c-betting and then having to play check/fold on turn - and I was hoping that villian spots this pattern and picks up on it - and I don't want him to fold air in his range (which I think was a fair amount).

Is my river play alright though?
  • 2 replies
    • DecMate
      Bad play IMO.
      Flop- fine
      Turn- Ok - Possible raise here to find out where you are; and if he calls you're playing check/fold
      River- easy fold. He's lead out twice on the turn and river. Flush is out, 4 card straight is out, and all you have is a pair.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Bet bet bet. You're giving credit to a 47/0 guy for floating you and recognizing he should bluff at you when you check the turn, that's not the approach you need against a guy who has so far only shown he loves to call a lot. I would just valuebet him for the times he has a piece instead of trying to maybe induce bluffs unless i had a solid read he's an aggro machine when checked to.

Once you start to check/call the turn it means you have that read that he's bluffing you often enough to warrant you inducing, so you can't just decide on the river he's suddenly not bluffing anymore ever, you have to call down.

Hope it helps.