[NL2-NL10] going broke on NL100 SSS

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Third time now I attempt playing SSS on NL100. For some reason each time I'm getting this unbelievable unluck and have to move down a limit. Again I made around 1000$ bankroll to start the limit with, and within 2 hours I had lost around 150$ and felt sick of the limit again. I copy paste some of the hands here where I went broke, maybe I'm doing wrong here somewhere (?)

HAND1:

I think he would've called lots of hands if I bet flop, so wanted to take a freecard and see if I got improved any. I got the ace, I thought he probably would've just played check/call if he had a drawing hand like QJ or 2 of spades, so I just called it down instead of protection raise on turn.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      UTG+2:
      $158,95
      MP1:
      $46,31
      MP2:
      $30
      CO:
      $94,06
      BU:
      $211,97
      SB:
      $54,48
      BB:
      $167,92
      UTG+1:
      $72,95
      Hero:
      $20

0,50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , J:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $1,00.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, 2 folds, SB calls $3,50, BB folds.

Flop: ($9,00) T:heart: , 4:diamond: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($9,00) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero calls $4,00.

River: ($17,00) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $7, Hero calls $7,00.

Final Pot: $31,00

HAND2:

Villain was complete maniac towards me after I had won his slowplayed AA with my 65s from bigblind :D So I guess it was the right decision to go all-in on the flop, but you know how it goes, what comes around goes around :rolleyes:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BB:
      $83,92
      UTG+1:
      $19
      UTG+2:
      $200,69
      MP1:
      $98,50
      MP3:
      $61,77
      CO:
      $207,40
      BU:
      $99,54
      Hero:
      $38,48
      SB:
      $106,21

0,50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, MP3 calls $4,00, 4 folds.

Flop: ($9,50) 4:diamond: , 4:club: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP3 raises to $32,00, Hero raises to $34,48 (All-In), MP3 calls $2,48.

Turn: ($78,46) 3:club:
      River: ($78,46) A:club:

Final Pot: $78,46

HAND3:

In very lose tables I don't usually raise with very low pockets even from Button or blinds, I did this time, I was pretty happy getting the set on flop but these flushes just kept killing me..

BU:
      $16
      SB:
      $130,11
      BB:
      $50,72
      UTG:
      $57,85
      UTG+1:
      $47,85
      UTG+2:
      $105,96
      MP1:
      $141,71
      MP2:
      $120,61
      MP3:
      $21
      Hero:
      $20

0,50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3:spade: , 3:club:
      UTG calls $1,00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $1,00, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $6,00, 3 folds, UTG calls $5,00, MP2 calls $5,00.

Flop: ($19,50) Q:diamond: , 3:diamond: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $14 (All-In), UTG calls $14,00, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($47,50) 7:spade:
      River: ($47,50) 5:diamond:

Final Pot: $47,50

HAND4:

Button had raised 5 times in a row when he was in button seat, so didn't give any credit for the raise. Villain didn't give that either, but after he took pretty long time thinking before raising I thought I would have good chances with my pocket 9 aswell, so I went for it. too bad I wasn't stacked a bit more to be able to create even some kind of fold equity.

MP3:
      $126,25
      CO:
      $21
      BU:
      $100,88
      Hero:
      $18
      MP1:
      $18,24
      SB:
      $92,50
      MP2:
      $16,44
      UTG+2:
      $29,70

0,50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      5 folds, BU raises to $4,00, SB raises to $13,00, Hero raises to $18,00 (All-In), BU folds, SB calls $5,00.

Flop: ($40,00) 5:club: , 3:heart: , J:spade:
      Turn: ($40,00) A:diamond:
      River: ($40,00) 4:club:

Final Pot: $40,00

anyway, maybe I'll conquer NL100 on the next try, there seems to be a lot more bad players compared to NL50 but for some reason it doesn't pay me, but the opposite. Best of today was some rich guy who suggested that I would move to blackjack and play some cents there with my shortstack. I saw this guy going broke with full stack 5 times in 30mins, but I actually went broke against him 2 stacks even though both times I made the right play, so unfair! :( ( but atleast I got him added to my buddies list ;) ). Already getting some kind of mental pain for collecting money from lower limits for hours and hours and then losing it in one session in NL100.
  • 6 replies
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      sorry, wrong button.. edit instead of quote..
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      1. This one looks fine to me, preflop might be a bit on a border line.

2. Bet more on the flop ~7$. Since you stated him as a maniac he could be holding a 4 or a flushdraw.

3. Don't raise with treys after two guys limped, what are you planning to do if you don't hit your set and being against 2 players?
      Since you've hit your set postflop is fine and I'm sorry that he outdrew you with K :diamond: T :club: ;)

4. After a raise and a re-raise muck your hand, the best spot will usually be a coinflip and he even might have TT/JJ here. Of course QQ-AA is as well possible, so fold your hand and wait for a better spot.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      First, let me tell you that I can understand your frustration. I had to move down from NL $100 a few times myself. ;)

Hand 1.)
      Honestly the way that hand was played, I would bet that your Opponent had Two Pair or a Set here on the Flop (please let me know if I´m right)

I would have contibetted here, to see where I stand, because if he calls, you often can give up the hand afterwards if you miss the turn.

Like you played you should have eitherway went all-in on the turn or maybe have folded, since the SB seemed not to be afraid of the ace at all.

Hand 2.)
      I would have folded here against that bet with my overpair, even if he looked like he was a bit on tilt. He can have hit trips, A Flushdraw or a Full House, so that often you´re only drawing for your 2 Outs. Honestly with that Overbetting the Flop I would see me in a 50:50 Situation where I ´am eitherway ahead or behind.

Hand 3.)
      Nice hand, except for the Preflop play where you should have folded or only have limped in if you know that the tables was pretty loose and passive.

Hand 4.)
      Preflop fold, you´re only 10% of the times ahead here, more then 15-25% of the time you will be behind and the rest of the time you have only a coin flip against two Overcards.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I Think your preflop play is too loose , it might be one reason why you are losing on NL100 apart from luck.
      AJo from MP3 isnt that strong , raising with 33 after 2 limpers is pretty bad and as for 99 , you should be folding it after a single raise , let alone a reraise :D .

TBH i would have called the reraise on the KK hand too.i dont think he would reraise so big if he had a strong made hand on flop anyway.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Maybe I shouldn't have posted the last hand with pocket nines, because it was pure "read-act" (or whatever you want to call that). I just got sick from those 2 who kept stealing me every single time I had SB or BB, they were not tight players. The guy thought some time before raising so I saw that as a sign of not that good hand (Ax, any pocket, KJ+). I thought it could be a coinflip and there was some dead money in the pot so I went for it. In the end the villain had A :club: 7 :club: so I guess it was right read. I wouldn't do this kind of things without "good" reads though.

AJ and 33 I usually raised in NL50 tables which is way more tight, from this kind of positions and find it profitable thing to do, but gonna play a lot more tight now I think after realising again how often villains call even SSS players bets with marginal hands preflop at this limit.

ow, and @ Berliner about the first hand. Villain had AQ here (would've taken the pot from him if I bet I guess, but with this kind of board I mostly just take the freecard instead of contibet if I didn't hit)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      2)
      I would have folded here against that bet with my overpair, even if he looked like he was a bit on tilt.
      This is just plain wrong.
      NH as played.