Beating hyper turbos

• richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      lately I have been experimenting with different format games. I suddenly came across the hyper turbos 6max games and liked them because they are pure ICM push/fold scenirio. And because so many people play these poorly I believe one can gain a small edge. Below are my results on a small sample of $7.50 hyper turbos 6 max. Started last night.

I obviously dont expect to beat the game at this winrate and that this is a big upswing for these. If I was to beat these at a 5% roi I would be happy because I the great amount of rakeback I can get off them in a short amount of time.

plus points..
      -there fun
      -quick
      -lots of rake
      -dont require much thought at low stakes so multitabling is +EV
      -many bad opponents

negectives..
      -very swingy
      -never improve on your game simply a means of making money like a robot.

also I would like to know if there is anyone in the community that plays these and has had much success with them?
  • 4 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      is the buy in 7$+0.5$ rake? what´s the payout structure?
      which platform are you playing at and how much rakeback do you get? :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      check out miskovo's blog, he played a fuckload of these (but recently switched to 45man's if i'm not mistaking)
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      is the buy in 7$+0.5$ rake? what´s the payout structure?
      which platform are you playing at and how much rakeback do you get? :)
      yes its 7-0.5. On fulltilt and I get 27% rake back through this site I think. Status will easily be gold and platinum within days.

payout is
      1st $27.30
      2nd $14.70

earnt $350 of rake after 2/3days so thats about $94 I hope to get on pay day.
    • LavaTwilight
      LavaTwilight
      Bronze
      i've been playing the $3.50 + $0.30, 10 handed super turbo's, haven't tried the 6max ones yet... i agree that they are very easy to make money on, the players are quite bad at ICM