Everest Micro SnG - not too impressed

• adammz
      adammz
      Bronze
      As my preferred game is an SnG I wouldn't really recommend the micro SnGs at this site. The blind structure is funny and is different to other sites. (BB goes something like 10, 20, 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 160).

There are only a few to choose from e.g. you have the option of a 6 player and 10 player regular $1 SnG, then you get your turbo 10 player and 18 player and heads up SnGs.

Each SnG at Everest takes aaaaaaaages, I ran a poker stars SnG $1 at the same time and everything about the poker stars SnG was better. The blind structure, the software, the game itself felt smooth, unlike Everest where it feels like it just drags on and on.

I will most likely switch software when the time comes, although I will try my best to clear the 1000 SP at Everest. At 0.8 SP per 6 - 10 player $1 SnG this isn't the easiest thing to achieve - especially given the time it takes to make a good finish IMO.

All in all i'd say that Everest should consider re-vamping their software, re-structuring their blinds and giving a little bit more variety in their SnG tables, this I think would bring it up to par or at least improve the playing experience.

If you're looking to play an SnG here then stick to the turbo games at least.
  • 8 replies
    • huluvu21
      huluvu21
      Bronze
      hi, i just joined Everest myself. and u are right. some regular sng takes like 2 hours. that is just silly. u have a lot of time to outplay your opponents but it feels like the time has stopped...

also bonus clearing is diffcult this way. u pop up 4 1$ sngs, play for 2 hours and get 3.2SP. u can open 4 NL2 FR tables instead and make much more SPs...
    • adammz
      adammz
      Bronze
      I agree with you, I think I might study some SSS and start playing ring games at the micro limits at Everest, and then save my SnGs for somewhere like poker stars or full tilt. :P
    • gerrygeraldo
      gerrygeraldo
      Bronze
      what is SnG?
    • SuvorovNL
      SuvorovNL
      Bronze
      Mini-tournaments that start as soon as the table fills up.
    • Turcin
      Turcin
      Bronze
      SSS is hard to play because there is not enaugh active fr table for normal playing.. There is few sng which are very profitable.. 2,5$ and 5$ turbo 6-man sng are good.. 3$ and 8$ double or nothing 6-man sng are also very good. Average is about 40min, and blinds are funny but this is actually good because fishes get busted on first few levels, and u can easily double up if u get AA or KK...
    • wquinn636
      wquinn636
      Bronze
      The 10% rake is a much, much better deal than most other sites. If you don't like the length of the regular SnGs you can always go to turbos, although they're not quite the ultra-fast turbos found at Partypoker (who charge a 25% rake, incidentally). There's plenty of choice. SH, SH turbo, 18-player turbo (unbelievably fishy those), full-ring, full-ring turbo. The only problem really is a lack of traffic. But the rake makes it the best place to play micro SnGs I've tried.

SSS is a different story because there's just not enough tables.
    • Turcin
      Turcin
      Bronze
      when i started to play sng, and learning how to play, i had 15% ROI, so its very easy to beat... But fish dont like full ring sng, and also dont like play sng for 2 hours... So play just shorthanded turbo sng.. I played 2,5 and 5$ sng... The most profitable are DON-s but they are boring... 50% of people dont know basic strategy of don sng... The bad thing is that u cant multitable, because tables are big.. I can normaly play max 8 sng..
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Apologies in advance...

*facepalm*

Slow structures are good because the better players have a bigger edge. You are complaining because it drags on and on?

*FACEPALM!*

And from what i'm hearing even the micro stakes have 10% rake? Go to stars and you will find 20% rake on the micros with an incredibly jumpy structure. You are basically complaining because you cannot clear the bonus (and clearing the bonus is based on paying rake, so this means you are paying less rake). You complain because you cannot pay rake fast enough?

*FACEPALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

So yeah, my thoughts are as follows: whine about problems, not about good blind structures. Decent players can expect a much higher ROI on these SNGs than on any other site.