[NL2-NL10] I cant fold my aces

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $90.76
      Hero:
      $140.03

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $4.00, SB calls $3.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($9.00) 5:spade: , 7:diamond: , T:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB raises to $14.00, Hero calls $7.00.

Turn: ($37.00) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $16, Hero calls $16.00.

River: ($69.00) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $56.76 (All-In), Hero calls $56.76.

Final Pot: $182.52

Should i have , and at which point ? He had been calling every single raise
  • 7 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I don't know if you should have folded, it all looks very unlikely. I think that if you planned to go all the way, then raise him all in on the turn here.

Looking at his stats, he is loose passive, but when he does go to showdown, he wins a lot of the time, nearly 2/3, so this is dangerous I think.
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      Why is he minraising the flop and then betting only 1/2 the pot? And shoving the river? Smells like a set or a wicked two pair.
      Anyway I might have raised the turn and called a shove, or called the turn and fold the river. Although against this kind of opponent with no AF(?), is the second option better I think. His river shove is stating that he can beat one pair.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      It really smells like set or 2pair. I would have raised the turn and fold to a reraise.
    • MMa7
      MMa7
      Bronze
      Any raise on the turn commits us, so folding is out of the question if we're going to play it that way.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Looking back at the hand , i think i should have folded on the river against this particular opponent... although the aggresion is wrong , he had around 2.5
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Looking at his stats, he is loose passive, but when he does go to showdown, he wins a lot of the time, nearly 2/3, so this is dangerous I think.
      Not over 102 hands. W$SD doesn't begin to converge until the no. of hands reach the 1000's.

Assume villains range TT-KK,55,77,5-7,10-7,10-5 since he is passive PF , calls any raise and has c/red the flop. 45% equity for you even if he never bluffs. You could jam the flop on this basis.

On the river if we assume that the villain would only push with an OP or better then your equity is only 13%. Fold the river.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi undercover82!

Against these opponents I reraise the minraise on the flop (in this case to ~$35) and fold to any further action because in my opinion this is the best way to find out if you are up against one single pair (which would have to fold to your reraise) or a better hand (in which case you are behind and have to fold).

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81